• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

heritage auction, did anybody win anything they were after?

124 posts in this topic

Holy shiznitz, $4600 for a Swamp Thing 1???

Given that it's a 9.8, I'm guessing that's about $2600 somebody just flushed down the toilet. tonofbricks.gif

Outrageous. I can remember picking up several copies of that book in that grade at the NYC National Con in 1999 ( a small time dealer had a fair size stack of 'em, all in at least NM). For no more than $60 a pop.

Probably sold 'em at a modest mark up too, when I got back to the U.K........ foreheadslap.giffrown.gif

the jaw dropper for me was the GL #10 9.4 which went for 10.78x. has me dancing a jig for what i just paid for GL #2 9.4.

I was the underbidder on the GL 10. mad.gif Didn`t expect to get outbid, but clearly someone wanted it even worse than me. For the life of me, I can`t figure out who it might be, as I haven`t run into any serious competition for early GLs thus far.

Did you get the GL 2 off Rob Hughes` site? It`s a nice book.

893whatthe.gif he's got one too? i didn't see it there. got mine from metro. would prefer not hearing the history on that book- looked like 9.4 to me. had it in my hands in san diego. too bad about the #10- suspected you were the winner.

I just checked their Post-Auction Sales site, and there are 466 items from the auction that did not sell! That's out of 1500 or so items that have been auctioned so far. Almost a third didn't sell. That's gotta hurt.

Heritage offered WAY too many books in one auction. Plus I'm not so sure that the middle of August is the best time to hold such a major auction when so many people are on vacation.

I had to take a major break from this auction due to an investment condo purchase, but I still managed to pick up:

All Star #1 CGC 8.0

More Fun #46 CGC 9.6 Mile High

More Fun #92 CGC 9.4 Mile High

More Fun #119 CGC 9.8 Mile High

More Fun #127 CGC 9.6 Mile High

I only lost out on one book, More Fun #39 CGC 9.6 Mile High, which conveniently enough was the one I desired the least.

Now, on to the OA tomorrow!!! yay.gif

had to take a major break from this auction due to an investment condo purchase, but I still managed to pick up:

All Star #1 CGC 8.0

I only lost out on one book, More Fun #39 CGC 9.6 Mile High, which conveniently enough was the one I desired the least.

Now, on to the OA tomorrow!!!

One word.

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to take a major break from this auction due to an investment condo purchase, but I still managed to pick up:

All Star #1 CGC 8.0

Nice pick-ups Mark. thumbsup2.gif

How many More Fun Comics do you have now?

Jaysis, THAT's a "major break?"

Oy. You kill me, Mark. foreheadslap.gif

I knew I shoulda abandoned my principles, given up the english teaching gig, and signed up for law school. poke2.gif

Never too late!!! I can always use a new partner. hi.gif

Jesus. If that's a major break, where do I send my resume? 893whatthe.gif

All Star #1 CGC 8.0

Nice pick-ups Mark. thumbsup2.gif

How many More Fun Comics do you have now?

36/127 or a mere 28%. Although 9 of those are Mile Highs, 3 Lost Valleys, 2 Rockfords and 1 "D" copy.

Lots of work still!

I just checked their Post-Auction Sales site, and there are 466 items from the auction that did not sell! That's out of 1500 or so items that have been auctioned so far. Almost a third didn't sell. That's gotta hurt.

Too many steep reserves. I really think that hurts overall bidding.

Mark,

Do you need a lackey. I have to learn how you finance those screamers.

-Chris