• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

heritage auction, did anybody win anything they were after?

124 posts in this topic

Got any New Funs yet, Mark?

I wish. I was tempted to buy the #1 and/or #6 in the last Heritage auction but bowed out when the bidding really got high. I may have to ultimately settle for a restored copy as that is pretty much what is out there.

That was my thinking, too. Still, a restored New Fun is way cooler than just about 99% of the unrestored books out there that I can think of.

And those books were printed so cheaply, that I think Ian made a lot of sense when talking about them on the radio the other day. Restoring those really is an act of conservation...keeping those books together is not in the same world as color touching some silver age or something.

Did you get the GL 2 off Rob Hughes` site? It`s a nice book.

893whatthe.gif he's got one too? i didn't see it there. got mine from metro. would prefer not hearing the history on that book- looked like 9.4 to me. had it in my hands in san diego. too bad about the #10- suspected you were the winner.

Sorry PH, I was thinking of another book on Rob's site. Metro were indeed the ones with the "other" 9.4 copy of GL 2. So as far as I know, there are still currently only 2 9.4 copies of GL 2, and you and I own them. cloud9.gif Of the GLs between 1-10 in CGC 9.4 or better, Roter owns the #5, the mystery bidder here has the #10, and you and I own the rest. headbang.gif

Not necessarily, they run the floor auction from Aug 11-13. The internet bidding ended the 10th. I was the winner of the internet bidding but I could theoretically lose during the floor bidding. I checked a little while ago and it seems that the floor bidding had ended for that issue so I will side with your optimism that I won. Not a bad deal f I did win , $1449 with buyers premium. Those Pacific Coast Pedigree's can really go high sometimes.

The internet bidding ends the night before the live auction. Yesterday was SA/BA (first Marvel then DC). If your Max Bid is showing in GREEN and there is a BLUE amount under Current BID, then you won the book for the BLUE AMOUNT (which includes the BP).

That assumes you are using their site, not thru eBay.

Congrats!!!!!!

Thanks, it looks like I did win it. $1449 with BP, not bad at all for a Pedigree. I still have not seen an invoice posted but I am sure it will be there by Monday. Only 21 more CGC'd X-Men to go for 9.4 and above.

<a href=http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=6550218214&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDW%3AIT target=_blank> A record sales price for thsi IronManSubby 1968 one-shot CGC NM 9.4 graded...</a>

CAL cool.gif

I had to take a major break from this auction due to an investment condo purchase, but I still managed to pick up:

All Star #1 CGC 8.0

More Fun #46 CGC 9.6 Mile High

More Fun #92 CGC 9.4 Mile High

More Fun #119 CGC 9.8 Mile High

More Fun #127 CGC 9.6 Mile High

Man, I wish I could acquire so many gems when I was buying property. hail.gif

I had to take a major break from this auction due to an investment condo purchase, but I still managed to pick up:

All Star #1 CGC 8.0

screwy.gif

All Star #1 CGC 8.0

screwy.gif

Good morning, Greggy. yeahok.gif

All Star #1 CGC 8.0

screwy.gif

hi.gif

All Star #1 CGC 8.0

screwy.gif

hi.gif

Did you bid on anything, Greg? I've bid on a handful of auctions, but the floor bids could leave me with no winnings. Ebay bidding is always an option, though......

All Star #1 CGC 8.0

screwy.gif

hi.gif

Did you bid on anything, Greg? I've bid on a handful of auctions, but the floor bids could leave me with no winnings. Ebay bidding is always an option, though......

Nope...nothing I really wanted so confused-smiley-013.gif

All Star #1 CGC 8.0

screwy.gif

hi.gif

Fair enough -Heritage's strength isn't generally with BA (although that Swamp Thing 1 price was insane.....)

Even if you exclude all the conspiracy theories, the whole bidding process with Heritage is too convoluted. It favours the floor bidder too heavily, and it takes a good couple of days to know for certain whether you've won an item. If only they didn't get such killer books......

All Star #1 CGC 8.0

screwy.gif

hi.gif

Fair enough -Heritage's strength isn't generally with BA (although that Swamp Thing 1 price was insane.....)

Even if you exclude all the conspiracy theories, the whole bidding process with Heritage is too convoluted. It favours the floor bidder too heavily, and it takes a good couple of days to know for certain whether you've won an item. If only they didn't get such killer books......

Get a friggin' agent to bid for you then! poke2.gif