• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage: How did I get out bid post-internet & pre-floor bid?

10 posts in this topic

Got up this morning, after the internet bidding ended last night, and I was high bidder for a DC golden age book, now I've been out bid and the floor bidding hasn't even started?

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Take a wild guess.

theres another level of "Legacy" Internet bodders" who have an extended window of internet bidding. Sounds unfair I know, but in reality, on Heritage, you never win anything until the live floor bidding end anyway. The whole internet bidding phase is pretty meaningless except for the weakest obscure low demand items. All the items of real demand end up at whatever th efloor bidders put in, and all the internet bids are history..

Heritage offers ebay bidding. It usually runs in between the internet bidding on their site and the floor bidding. See if you can't raise your bid on ebay.

theres another level of "Legacy" Internet bodders" who have an extended window of internet bidding. Sounds unfair I know, but in reality, on Heritage, you never win anything until the live floor bidding end anyway. The whole internet bidding phase is pretty meaningless except for the weakest obscure low demand items. All the items of real demand end up at whatever th efloor bidders put in, and all the internet bids are history..

Internet bidding probably wins half the books, even high demand books. What the live auction does, is usually prevent any real steals from happening.

Regarding getting outbid after the internet period ends and the live auction begins, your right, it really doesn't make a difference since someone would just bid that amount during the live auction (either on the floor, phone or eBay Live).

Internet bidding probably wins half the books, even high demand books. What the live auction does, is usually prevent any real steals from happening.

Regarding getting outbid after the internet period ends and the live auction begins, your right, it really doesn't make a difference since someone would just bid that amount during the live auction (either on the floor, phone or eBay Live).

Don't you just LOVE how it really works! 27_laughing.gifhi.gif

...my favorite Heritage moment was when my $500.00 internet bid (which placed me as high bidder at $260.00) placed the day before was out bid the following day by a floor $280.00 bid,...they had no explanation for that one,....