• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please help me grade Marvel Family 43
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Some moderate chipping along the top, lower left corner and bottom right. Slight tanning along the right edge.  Not sure if that is water damage towards the top of the spine above the staple.  Are those original staples?  Seem kind of shiny.  Spine is noticeably dirty.  Presents well.   If those are not the original staples, 4.5?  Not sure if there is a max grade if cover is detached.  If they are original, 5.5 -6.0.

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'd give the front cover a 6.0 grade. Needs more pics fa'sho'.

Big time!

And thanks for your responses guys. I assessed similarly given the pic. That defect/damage at the top left is severe enough to me that 6.0 is the most it would ever get. The seller has it as a 6.5 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/the-marvel-family-43-fawcett-publications-1950-condition-fn-/p/122006-60015.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Auction-Preview-SearchResults-120115&lotPosition=146|0

Not a huge difference, but in this case (with very evident flaws), it feels a bit opportunistic. Like "what's the most this might get on a good day". The fact that we don't get a pic of the back leaves a lot to be desired from the listing.

Edited by William-James88