• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Single-Mindedness

8 posts in this topic

Check out the high bidders feedback.

I wanted to check the feedback for the bidder on my auction to see if he had many negatives, but I started to check what he has been buying to see if he buys a lot of comics. To my great surprise he seems to only buy Amazing Spider-Man #43. The first two pages i checked only had one auction that didn't include this book.

Have you ever seem anything like that? Is there something about this book? I would have thought if you were going to collect every book with "Rhino" that it would be the first appearance in #41.

My auction

Intriguing! I looked at that auction and thought it was ending too high. Maybe it's his favorite (very early) Romita S-M cover. It's one of mine too, I guess.

Yes, I'm happy with the price. Just couldn't believe he likes that book so much.

Put your #43's up - There's someone who really wants them.

Intriguing! I looked at that auction and thought it was ending too high. Maybe it's his favorite (very early) Romita S-M cover. It's one of mine too, I guess.

Yes, I'm happy with the price. Just couldn't believe he likes that book so much.

Put your #43's up - There's someone who really wants them.

Wow! That IS intriguing. 893whatthe.gif If you do a search by bidder he's got bids in on six more...

Maybe he's brainwashed like Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory where he had to buy every copy of Catcher in the Rye he saw. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You should email your customer and just ask him about it. Then post what he says the motivation is. thumbsup2.gif

Check out the high bidders feedback.

I wanted to check the feedback for the bidder on my auction to see if he had many negatives, but I started to check what he has been buying to see if he buys a lot of comics. To my great surprise he seems to only buy Amazing Spider-Man #43. The first two pages i checked only had one auction that didn't include this book.

Have you ever seem anything like that? Is there something about this book? I would have thought if you were going to collect every book with "Rhino" that it would be the first appearance in #41.

My auction

My guess is that he's buying up all the copies in an evil plot to manipulate the ASM 43 market. Once he has them all the Overstreet price is bound to go up. Either that or he has a thing for Rhino's and the number 43. confused-smiley-013.gifinsane.gif