• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M.V.C marvel cards

15 posts in this topic

Hi I  hoping that someone could possibly help me out and tell me where and who I could talk to about finding out the value of my M.V.C marvel collection. I have the full set and have some duplicates but know nothing about them or the value. A few I was wondering about is the M.V.C #126. Thanks for any kind of help. 

1580750231638897252743.jpg

I currently see them at like 1$ for a lot of 6 your card included in the lot mind you condition is rough but most of the cards look to be from the 90's and not very high in price. 

image.thumb.png.ab529ef6087b4ca5f051e619056bcd86.png

I own the first three volumes/series of Marvel Trading Cards and all of the Hologram Cards from the early 90's, bought them all new, had to buy tons of packs to get them all and they are all in the Official Marvel Binders that you had to send away for.

Your AF 15 MVC card is from Series 1.

Unfortunately I have no idea about value, I never looked but as already stated, eBay final sales are the best place to go to see FMV, I did find this link...just remember that just like anything else grade/demand/print run, etc are everything as far as a black and white value is concerned.

https://www.collectors.com/trading-cards/marvel-marvel-universe/41489

B9-Collector Cards Series 1.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

1 hour ago, marvelmaniac said:

I own the first three volumes/series of Marvel Trading Cards and all of the Hologram Cards from the early 90's, bought them all new, had to buy tons of packs to get them all and they are all in the Official Marvel Binders that you had to send away for.

Unfortunately I have no idea about value, I never looked but as already stated, eBay final sales are the best place to go to see FMV, I did find this link...just remember that just like anything else grade/demand/print run, etc are everything as far as a black and white value is concerned.

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

really cool nice stuff I collected the marvel masterpiece in 94 I think got them all put them in a regular binder I think had to buy tons and tons of booster packs to get the collection and had to trade with friends for the holo cards.. then pokeman cards came around and my friends started moving over to them and I did a bit but I as more in love with my marvel cards... :x looked up prices but they haven't gained any value besides probably what I paid for them initially lol 

hmmmm I got a cool idea if those cards aren't expensive I wonder maybe to do a collage poster with the cards in the frame might be really cool to get and hang on the wall.. :idea: 

17 hours ago, marvelmaniac said:

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

Damn. Noice.

20 hours ago, Krismusic said:

really cool nice stuff I collected the marvel masterpiece in 94 I think got them all put them in a regular binder I think had to buy tons and tons of booster packs to get the collection and had to trade with friends for the holo cards.. then pokeman cards came around and my friends started moving over to them and I did a bit but I as more in love with my marvel cards... :x looked up prices but they haven't gained any value besides probably what I paid for them initially lol 

I hear you, for me it became addicting just like collecting baseball cards when I was a kid in the 60's, I wanted more and more, had to have them NOW until I got them all, unfortunately since I am a collector with OCD I could not keep the doubles/triples I had (except the Holograms and they are in the binders), I cannot be a pack rat so who I gave them to???

21 hours ago, Krismusic said:

hmmmm I got a cool idea if those cards aren't expensive I wonder maybe to do a collage poster with the cards in the frame might be really cool to get and hang on the wall.. :idea: 

I had extra MVC first appearance cards in a frame hanging on my wall above my loose action figures, unfortunately I was not able to bring them or any posters in frames when I moved into a smaller place.

9 minutes ago, marvelmaniac said:

I had extra MVC first appearance cards in a frame hanging on my wall above my loose action figures, unfortunately I was not able to bring them or any posters in frames when I moved into a smaller place.

that sucks did you sell it... maybe its floating out there.. hmmm 

12 minutes ago, marvelmaniac said:

I hear you, for me it became addicting just like collecting baseball cards when I was a kid in the 60's, I wanted more and more, had to have them NOW until I got them all, unfortunately since I am a collector with OCD I could not keep the doubles/triples I had (except the Holograms and they are in the binders), I cannot be a pack rat so who I gave them to???

I was the same I loved my marvel masterpiece cards I could only trade the none holograms/foil cards that I had triples of I would want to keep doubles almost had a doubles set too trying to get those last hologram cards.. 

4 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

that sucks did you sell it... maybe its floating out there.. hmmm 

Do not read this if you are squeamish...

When I retired I could no longer afford the apartment I was in (for 32 years) so we decided I would move in with my Son and his family and space was limited, even storage space and in my naivety I thought I would be there forever living happily ever after so a lot of my things got thrown out figuring I would no longer need them,such as dishes, pots/pans, kitchen utensils, my bed, couch etc and unfortunately some collectibles like posters, framed puzzles, extra cards not in binders were thrown out.

Needless to say that did not work out (we determined I cannot live with anybody) and I am now in a smaller place and would not have had room anyway so...

4 minutes ago, marvelmaniac said:

Do not read this if you are squeamish...

When I retired I could no longer afford the apartment I was in (for 32 years) so we decided I would move in with my Son and his family and space was limited, even storage space and in my naivety I thought I would be there forever living happily ever after so a lot of my things got thrown out figuring I would no longer need them,such as dishes, pots/pans, kitchen utensils, my bed, couch etc and unfortunately some collectibles like posters, framed puzzles, extra cards not in binders were thrown out.

Needless to say that did not work out (we determined I cannot live with anybody) and I am now in a smaller place and would not have had room anyway so...

sorry to hear... :foryou: that sucks that they were thrown out. Also sucks that it didn't work out with your Son. At least you are living comfortably now. I am sure if needed you might be able to find a old collection and make a new frame if you really wanted to. I too have  similar story with my marvel masterpiece cards.. As I went looking for them back in 2000 and something and couldn't find them I am not sure if they were given away to my younger cousins or tossed in the garbage or hidden somewhere.. Maybe one day I'll pick up a new collection and frame the cards. But at least we get to take a stroll down memory lane and remember some fun and interesting times when we collected these things. 

I am content and satisfied even if I just get to take a little stroll down memory lane. :cloud9:

22 hours ago, Krismusic said:

sorry to hear... :foryou: that sucks that they were thrown out. Also sucks that it didn't work out with your Son. At least you are living comfortably now. I am sure if needed you might be able to find a old collection and make a new frame if you really wanted to. I too have  similar story with my marvel masterpiece cards.. As I went looking for them back in 2000 and something and couldn't find them I am not sure if they were given away to my younger cousins or tossed in the garbage or hidden somewhere.. Maybe one day I'll pick up a new collection and frame the cards. But at least we get to take a stroll down memory lane and remember some fun and interesting times when we collected these things. 

I am content and satisfied even if I just get to take a little stroll down memory lane. :cloud9:

I still have the three albums with all of the cards, it was only 12 extra cards that got thrown out.

Did the OP get his question answered to his satisfaction or did we get off subject???

thumbnail.jpg

22 hours ago, marvelmaniac said:

I still have the three albums with all of the cards, it was only 12 extra cards that got thrown out.

Did the OP get his question answered to his satisfaction or did we get off subject???

thumbnail.jpg

nice!!!! 

I think so I did post some links and we talked about it not sure if carrie came back on to check out the forum though...