• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this seller being dishonest?

11 posts in this topic

Fantastic Four 1 re-issue

I think without a doubt. You should read all the answers posted to questions. Not only did he forget to state that it vwas NOT the original, but his estimate of a CGC 9.0 of the 1966 reprint is laughable. I bought my CGC 9.2 White for $325 which includes the record.

What an insufficiently_thoughtful_person! makepoint.gif

I'd say the seller paid for this sharp practice by being endlessly hounded with emails. As a seller with an excellent track record he should've known better - people are wising up to certain ebay tricks, and this one is the oldest.

I love the addendums. 27_laughing.gif

On Aug-05-05 at 09:29:07 PDT, seller added the following information:

Hi. Yes, this book is from 1966. It is in very nice shape; hard to improve upon!

On Aug-05-05 at 14:46:27 PDT, seller added the following information:

As I have said above and below this posting, this book is from 1966. It IS a silver age Fantastic Four. AN ORIGINAL Fantastic Four #1 in CGC 9.0 or above would easily fetch $25,000 like I referenced above. If I wanted to 'rip people off' I would simply steal a picture from a CGC 9.0 Fantastic Four #1 and post it here, sell it as if it WERE an original and as if it WERE CGC graded, then send this copy instead. STOP emailing me telling me what I already know! And as far as 'is it unrestored?' or any other inane questions, READ THE AD!

On Aug-06-05 at 07:12:26 PDT, seller added the following information:

Last time I'm going to mention this; apparently there are those of you who think I'm trying to 'rip off' people or 'misrepresent' something. READ the entire ad and the question and answers section BEFORE you email me. I CANNOT and will not correct the title (now that there are bids) nor can I correct anything that is printed above. It SIMPLY CANNOT BE DONE. This book is NOT worth $25,000 and if it were I wouldn't have set the reserve below $100! I am saying you can save yourself THOUSANDS of DOLLARS by NOT buying an original, CGCd copy of this book from 1961. Even a measly 8.0 CGC'd Fantastic Four #1 from 1961 is worth $25,000 or more! This book is NOT a CGC'd 8.0, original, Fantastic Four #1 from 1961. I CANNOT MAKE IT MORE CLEAR THAN THAT. It is EASILY worth the $100 I wanted out of it. It is STILL a silver age Fantastic Four so the category is correct too! If you have read everything above this, below this, and still have a question then I would happily answer it. Otherwise, don't bother!

makepoint.gif

Excellent customer service, eh? 893applaud-thumb.gif

I don't know what his/her purpose was in letting all those questions be read by everybody, but I think it paints the seller in a very negative light.

Ummm, what he should have done was once he realized so many people were confused by the auction, cancel the auction, cancel all the bids for the auction, apologize to those people who did bid and let them know the auction is re-running with a new item number. That could cost like 3 dollars? I have done that once, and everyone involved would certainly understand. I hate when a seller say "But the auction has already started wah wah wah!" like that is really a valid excuse.

BTW This book is not a 9.0. Maybe an 8.0.