• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Submission concern

8 posts in this topic

Hello, I just received a few books back from a recent submission to CGC. I was checking out the books and noticed that one of the books had some damage on the back cover. Not one of the best CGC 9.8 experiences. What I find very strange is that only the back of the book shows damage and no where else. After this one really starting to rethink future CGC submissions.

Has anyone else had this happen before?

Thanks

20200209_193112.jpg

20200209_193134.jpg

20200209_192025.jpg

What did cgc say when you contacted them? 

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

SCS from shipping? Contact CGC.

I am thinking the same thing, SCS.

14 hours ago, Blemon said:

Hello, I just received a few books back from a recent submission to CGC. I was checking out the books and noticed that one of the books had some damage on the back cover. Not one of the best CGC 9.8 experiences. What I find very strange is that only the back of the book shows damage and no where else. After this one really starting to rethink future CGC submissions.

Has anyone else had this happen before?

Thanks

You should contact CGC. 

If you've paid a company for a service they've provided to you, you should feel free contact them with questions and give them feedback about that service, and seek a remedy if you feel it is appropriate.  CGC is a company that has customer service employees you can call and email.  They have a website.

Good luck.

Forgot to add that there was a total of 6 books in this shipment, and this happened to only 1 book. I find it very strange that the damage is only on the back of the book and none of the corners show any damage. I am waiting to hear back from another party that was involved in this shipment as he will be reaching out to CGC.

2 hours ago, Blemon said:

Forgot to add that there was a total of 6 books in this shipment, and this happened to only 1 book. I find it very strange that the damage is only on the back of the book and none of the corners show any damage. I am waiting to hear back from another party that was involved in this shipment as he will be reaching out to CGC.

yeah this can occur with SCS where one of the books when encapsulated is loose in the holder and could shift and because of this damage can occur; where the rest of the books are ok as they are secured in the holder well... 

3 hours ago, Krismusic said:

yeah this can occur with SCS where one of the books when encapsulated is loose in the holder and could shift and because of this damage can occur; where the rest of the books are ok as they are secured in the holder well... 

Based solely on the images, and those not being conclusive by any means, that edge doesn't appear to me to bear any similarities between it and what I have come to normally associate with/as SCS damage. I can't be 100% sure but to me, it looks like part of that edge is actually caught in the weld of the well! Also, there doesn't seem to be enough slack in the proximity between the walls of the well and the book, a relatively snug fit in that well, for the book to be able to develop enough travel distance/velocity if shaken, even vigorously, to produce that much of effect over that much of the length of that edge if it was SCS. This possibility is further reinforced by no other SCS incidental on any of the other comics in the shipment with this one.

Tally my vote as "other" than SCS.