• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's next Featured Auction Has Started Posting Books
17 17

1,716 posts in this topic

On 10/4/2022 at 8:11 PM, Forbush-Man said:

Plan your exit while your young.  This is phase one for me, most of my S.A. collection goes in phase two.  Phase three will be letting go of the few I keep until then. (thumbsu

3 more years before my exit plan kicks in.  And young for me left the station long ago

On 10/3/2022 at 11:45 AM, Forbush-Man said:

What do you call a CGC 1.0 when it is one of the top 4 graded....?

StarsAndStripes6.jpg

That one seems to be real tough to find in any condition 

On 10/4/2022 at 9:11 PM, Forbush-Man said:

Plan your exit while your young.  This is phase one for me, most of my S.A. collection goes in phase two.  Phase three will be letting go of the few I keep until then. (thumbsu

the plan has always been to slab and auction it all shortly after i retire (whenever that may be).

a mini-retirement job: liquidating the comics.

On 10/2/2022 at 10:13 AM, Forbush-Man said:

Here's a tough one & very presentable...

ComicPages3-6.jpg

Yep, this one here must indeed be a real toughie since I remember @CentaurMan saying it was one of the very last Centaurs he was still missing when he was finishing off his Centaur collection.  

I still remember those PM's from him about 15 years ago offering up several different books in trade for my nice copy of this book which I must have purchased off Harley back in the day.  Ended up accepting deslabbed mid grade copies of both Adventure 45 along with a Comics Magazine 2 since being an old time comic book collector, it's definitely hard to resist a book from way way back in 1936.  :luhv:   :takeit:

Was seriously considering another offer which was a slightly restored copy of 'Tec 18 with the classic Fu Manchu cover, but the book didn't present that nicely as it had a rather kind of "dirty" appearance to it which would have bother me every time I looked at the book.  From a strict valuation point of view though, this  probably would have been the better option to go for and the one that I would have opted for if the book had presented just a bit nicer.  hm  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

On 10/2/2022 at 12:46 PM, Forbush-Man said:

FunnyPictureV2-5.jpg

Well, well, well.................an even tougher book with only 5 graded copies in total as compared to the above Comic Pages which had 7 Universal plus another restored copy according to the current Population Census Report.  (thumbsu

Only reason I remember this book is that I believe @G.A.tor stating in one of his posts from a few years ago that this was the last Centaur book he needed to complete his Centaur run at the time.  :takeit:  :applause:

On 10/4/2022 at 6:44 PM, comicjack said:

That one seems to be real tough to find in any condition 

I looked this one up and there are only 5 on the CGC Census: 8.5, 6.0, 5.5, 1.0 and a .5  all universal.  GPA shows the .5 sold was incomplete. 

A few scans have been placed, so here's the new one:  This cover bothers me because they introduce Catman's side-kick KItten and even announce it on the cover, but they cover her with that stupid vertical Catman Comics banner on the left side of the cover, leaving just her left leg showing (just off to the right of Catman's right hand.)

Catman Comics is already on the top of the cover, so this must be Catman Catman Comics #5 with the first cover appearance of Kitten's left leg. :frustrated:

catman5.jpg

Edited by Forbush-Man

This one presents way, way better than the grade, formerly a CGC 3.0 with Cream to Off-white pages, pressed & resub comes back 3.5 but with slightly brittle pages. 

Probably a small area at the bottom of the left lower spine. Classic L.B. Cole cover. :cloud9:  If you want it just for it's cover, this is the one you want. 

Catman31.jpg

Edited by Forbush-Man