• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your best and worseexperience on eBay

7 posts in this topic

You need to put the word comic or comic book some where in your thread...

People here get real bend out of shape when there are Off Topic threads posted here.

Trust me, sometimes I feel public enemy #1 around here because I get more threads

kicked to the Cooler than anyone else.

Just a heads-up.

gossip.gif

I won an auction for a lot of like 200 modern comics. I sent the guy my money and waited three months and nothing arrived. I sent multiple emails and then the guy finally sent them. I of course negged him which he accepted pretty reasonablly. When I went through the comics however there were many many multiples and even some triples when the ad stated no two alike so I left him a neutral (this was back in the day when you could leave as many feedback for an auction as you'd like) He then negged me saying I was the most abusive vindictive liar on ebay. We went back and forth like that and eventually he got NARU'd because he had like 75 Negatives. Still to this day it gets me how much of a jerk this guy was.

I have had about 70 buys and sells on Ebay and they have worked out very well. My worst experience was buying a "G" copy of Tales to Astonish 44 and finding the centre pages missing.

One guy took a month to mail me an item. Just when I had given up on him it arrived.

I have never had a sense of being ripped off.

All my other experiences have been pretty good. I have enjoyed many extended e-mail conversations with people that I have done business with.

I have gotten many great deals and sold many things that I probably couldn't sell any other way.

How is this for a worst experience? I had a copy of the original Gil Kane Blackmark, a graphic novel that predates all the Eisner ones, in VF, and autographed by Gil Kane. It went for only $5.00. While I like money as much as anybody else, I was sad that that was all a prime piece of Gil Kane artistry and memorobilia was worth.

I've had too many really good experiences to rate any one the best, but I can remember my two worst:

Buying what was advertised as "a linen BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN poster" and getting a BRIDE pillow case mailed to me! It's kinda cool, but definitely not a poster.

Winning VAULT OF HORROR #40(the last issue), and receiving a VOH cover with a generic humor mag from the fifties inside.

Best: VF copy of More Fun Comics for 1400 dollars. Listed in the wrong spot.

Worst: None I can really recall.

One I kick myself over: Not BIN'ing a gorgeous Action 7 for 2500 dollars because the insufficiently_thoughtful_person seller put "pressed" in the description. I e-mailed him for an explanation, but by the time he responded, it was gone. He said the book was found pressed between two large books.