• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - Young Men 22 (Atlas)
2 2

9 posts in this topic

Not a comic I would normally post here, but I don't normally see Atlas comics that look this nice.

For any of you that have held an Atlas comic from this era in your hands, you know what I mean.  Usually pretty ragged.

The spine has to be the best Atlas spine I've ever seen.

By the way.... check out what the comics code logo used to look like in the last pic.

What do you think?  Inner pages are White from what I can tell. It even has some pressable flaws that could raise the grade possibly.

There is a little blue spot under the "N" and matching blue spots on the top edge (like distribution spray?).

1.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by gadzukes

kinda tough one here, some 7.0+ attributes but with the light soiling on the back along with that small blue stain on the FC I think it will grade lower. I'll go with my first impression, 6 and meet in the middle at 6.5. What were you thinking Gadzukes? You can DM me if you want to leave it out of the thread.Thanks for sharing!

55 minutes ago, flashlites said:

kinda tough one here, some 7.0+ attributes but with the light soiling on the back along with that small blue stain on the FC I think it will grade lower. I'll go with my first impression, 6 and meet in the middle at 6.5. What were you thinking Gadzukes? You can DM me if you want to leave it out of the thread.Thanks for sharing!

In hand to me it feels like a 7.5.  The soiling on the back cover looks worse in the photo than it is in hand.  The blue mark is not a stain, it's something on the surface.

Mostly, I'm just impressed that an Atlas comic from this era looks this nice.

Edited by gadzukes

13 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

In hand to me it feels like a 7.5.  The soiling on the back cover looks worse in the photo than it is in hand.  The blue mark is not a stain, it's something on the surface.

Mostly, I'm just impressed that an Atlas comic from this era looks this nice.

As we've all seen the "in hand" look and feel of a comic weighs heavily in CGC's grading of the book, (as it should be). Scanner images are inherently faulty. Your impression is probably correct then and the book will likely get a 7.0 maybe even more :wishluck: I loved seeing that early "Comics Code" logo! It reminds me that I still need to get a copy of "The seduction of the innocent" for my comic book library. :insane:

Edited by flashlites
addition

7.0/7.5- I hope I look this good when I’m pushing 67 :preach:

Beautiful copy!

I looked this up on the census. Only 3 graded copies with the highest grade a 9.2. This would be second highest graded copy. It was also edited by Stan Lee!

Edited by ChrispyC66