• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

asm #29 cgc 9.8!!! beautiful book!

34 posts in this topic

Check out the ASM #42 CGC 9.6 Curator copy.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Still some amazing books. I wonder if Jason made a mistake, as he almost always has a reserve on his books.

What ASM #42 CGC 9.6 Curator copy? I see no ASM #42 CGC 9.6 Curator copy! There obviously isn't one listed right now so don't bother checking!

Still some amazing books. I wonder if Jason made a mistake, as he almost always has a reserve on his books.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What ASM #42 CGC 9.6 Curator copy? I see no ASM #42 CGC 9.6 Curator copy! There obviously isn't one listed right now so don't bother checking!

Not sure why you can't see it.

ASM #42 CGC 9.6 Curator Copy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure why you can't see it.

ASM #42 CGC 9.6 Curator Copy

frustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifmakepoint.gif

Can it be assumed that the pedigreed books in the old slabs aren't pressed? I'd figure it a safe bet, but I don't know much about Jason and where these books might be coming from.

That's what I was thinking too when I saw it in the old slab. Then I remember the book is from Jason, so you never really know.

Somebody else should try sending him a message to ask if a particular book was pressed or not, as based upon the best of his knowledge. When I asked this question quite a few years ago, I never got back a response. As a result, I've never bother to bid on any of his auctions since then.

Maybe it's time to give him another chance by asking again. Especially since pressing is out in the open a lot more, and dealers shouldn't be as afraid of disclosing it anymore, because most purchasers now claimed that it doesn't matter if a book is pressed or not.

Quote:

Can it be assumed that the pedigreed books in the old slabs aren't pressed? I'd figure it a safe bet, but I don't know much about Jason and where these books might be coming from.

That's what I was thinking too when I saw it in the old slab. Then I remember the book is from Jason, so you never really know.

Somebody else should try sending him a message to ask if a particular book was pressed or not, as based upon the best of his knowledge. When I asked this question quite a few years ago, I never got back a response. As a result, I've never bother to bid on any of his auctions since then.

Maybe it's time to give him another chance by asking again. Especially since pressing is out in the open a lot more, and dealers shouldn't be as afraid of disclosing it anymore, because most purchasers now claimed that it doesn't matter if a book is pressed or not.

If I was Jason, I would IGNORE your question again.

How can he win?

Unless he had them PRESSED himself, all he can say is HE DIDN'T have them PRESSED. But that doesn't mean they haven't been.

Let me put it this way. If you asked a dealer if they had the book RESTORED (i.e. color touch, trimmed, tear seal, etc.) and they said NO, would it really matter to you if you bought the book and found out that it was RESTORED? The dealer might not have done it, but you sure as SH$T expect him to take it back and give you a refund.

For all those people worried that Jason might have PRESSED a book, please don't bid. It will allow us other collectors who don't care to get the books cheaper.

And actually it's not that we really don't care, it's that we are willing to accept someone's (in this case CGC) opinion on what we should be concerned with. And if you don't believe CGC is correct with their opinion, stop buy CGC books at all. You know your paying a premium for their service and then everyone's whining that their service is flawed. poke2.gif

asm #29

and the others aren't too shabby either!!! 893whatthe.gif

Wow, I'm imPRESSED! poke2.gif

Ding-ding-ding! You win the prize! I was wondering how long these messages were going to go before someone brought that up.

Actually, I have no clue as to whether it's been pressed - I'm just here to cause trouble.

I've gotta think those are Brulato's copies. Wonder why he's selling them?

My guess is because he has other copies of equal or greater condition. For instance, the Curator ASM 17 in 9.6 became available on Doug's website several months ago. I had heard at the time from a comic dealer that an ASM 17 from the massive Las Vegas collection had recently received a 9.8 grade. Probably the same situation with these other ultra high grade Spideys - they're not as nice for one reason or another as other copies that Brulato owns.