• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why Brainiac should be considered Krypton's greatest hero and Superman its greatest villain.
1 1

28 posts in this topic

Due to Brainiac's thoughtful actions of going around preserving cities on various worlds, 7 million kryptonians are still alive.  Superman, on the other hand, should have enlarged Kandor long ago-he's apprehended Brainiac and his ship many times but refuses to use the enlarging ray due to he dont want super powered competition.  Pretty weak.

1 hour ago, kav said:

Due to Brainiac's thoughtful actions of going around preserving cities on various worlds, 7 million kryptonians are still alive.  Superman, on the other hand, should have enlarged Kandor long ago-he's apprehended Brainiac and his ship many times but refuses to use the enlarging ray due to he dont want super powered competition.  Pretty weak.

I couldn't agree more

26 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

what the heck would happen if there were suddenly 100s of thousands of Kryptonians around

Each 1 mm tall.  I suspect there would be like tiny holes drilled everywhere.  

11 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

read Kirkman's Invincible.

49 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

It's been recommended a few times. I've enjoyed what I've read from Kirkman. It's on the list.

The story's really good throughout.  But, worth warning that it's much gorier than Walking Dead. 

15 hours ago, kav said:

Superman, on the other hand, should have enlarged Kandor long ago-

Kav, why can't Ray Palmer, or whoever's The Atom these days, enlarge the city and do Superman's hard work for him?

Imagine if 100,000 humans suddenly had Supermans powers and abilities. Better yet, imagine you suddenly did. You can hear everything that's happening on the planet. Billions and billions of sounds flood your ears. You bend down to pet your dog but your newly found super strength ends up flattening him. You rush home to show Ma and Pa what happened but you miscalculate your momentum and end up smashing into the house, demolishing it. You desperately try to use your x-ray vision to find your parents in the wreck but because you can't control your powers, you end up accidentally incinerating them with your heat vision. I will leave to your imagination the damage an uncontrolled super-urine stream could do. Or the Super breaking of wind?

38 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Or the Super breaking of wind?

Yup.  It's a fair point that rarely gets mentioned.

With my food intolerances, I would cause appalling devastation.

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

The story's really good throughout.  But, worth warning that it's much gorier than Walking Dead. 

For better or worse, I came of age during the wild west of the internet. I've seen every combination of insides on the outside. All it does is work up an appetite at this point. 

I have no sensibilities to offend.

25 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

For better or worse, I came of age during the wild west of the internet. I've seen every combination of insides on the outside. All it does is work up an appetite at this point. 

I have no sensibilities to offend.

Just a caution, that's all.  :smile:

7 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Kav, why can't Ray Palmer, or whoever's The Atom these days, enlarge the city and do Superman's hard work for him?

The reason is, he only has a small piece of 'dwarf star matter' in his belt and it can only shrink one human, then enlarge em back.  It cant just do enlarge.