• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A year in the life of Lighthouse...

43 posts in this topic

View from the master bedroom through the master bath... Whirlpool tub in the distance, multi headed shower mostly out of view on the left, two walk-in closets plus a walk-in water closet on the right (best not to confuse those)...

903399-mbth.jpg

903399-mbth.jpg.d898d15bacef811f1f3f101931ad1f3a.jpg

And a shot of the backyard... There are around 65 trees total in the back yard. This shot is facing east, and when we first went in the house it was around 5pm, in the middle of August, in San Antonio. Outside temperature on the front side of the house was 97 degrees in the shade (the radio said it was 98 but the thermometer on the front porch said 97). On the back side of the house, which had been in shade for a couple hours, a thermometer on the deck registered 84 degrees. Trees are some good...

903401-by.jpg

903401-by.jpg.b4ec1dcc5f6bd06a676c194ac34f75cd.jpg

congratulations. my folks always used to tell me that "adversity builds character."

it sounds like you have built yourself enough character to last a lifetime. or at least for the forseeable future

congratulations. my folks always used to tell me that "adversity builds character."

it sounds like you have built yourself enough character to last a lifetime. or at least for the forseeable future

Thanks for the kind words.

Long-time forumites know all too well how rough my March 2004 to February 2005 ride was. Darth didn't refer to me as "FDQ" (Forum Drama Queen) for nothing... But I am still here, and I wouldn't be without the support and friendship of my family and friends and the people here. And every time I read Chuck's blog I am reminded that the bulk of my issues don't really amount to much.

Now as to the character building?

I'm not sure the folks around here would want me to be any more of a character than I already am... tongue.gifsumo.gif

screwy.gif

Every time I see you post that graemlin I am reminded of this joke:

A man and a woman were having drinks when they got into an argument about who enjoys sex more. The man said, "Men obviously enjoy sex more than women. Why do you think we're so obsessed with getting laid?"

"That doesn't prove anything," the woman countered.

"Think about this: When your ear itches and you put your little finger in it and wiggle it around, then pull it out, which feels better-your ear or your finger?"

So does anyone else find it amusing that when you post words like:

[embarrasing lack of self control]

The phrase it changes the word to has "embarrassing" misspelled?

Is POV behind this? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Welcome back......... thumbsup2.gif

and nice digs, dude............................. 893applaud-thumb.gif

My wife must be really good at her job... Because there is no way I could afford a place like that...

Heck, I might have trouble affording Darth's double-wide... foreheadslap.gif

Actually I know my wife is good at her job. Anyone who can sit across the table from a billionaire and say "Look, I expect you to show some leadership here and I am not leaving until you write a check for 2.8 million dollars" and actually get the billionaire to write the check... hail.gifhail.gif

No way could I do her job...

Is POV behind this?

The Wheels are in Motion... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And on that note, I have to get to the airport... so I can quite literally get the wheels in motion... thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the kind words.

Long-time forumites know all too well how rough my March 2004 to February 2005 ride was. Darth didn't refer to me as "FDQ" (Forum Drama Queen) for nothing... But I am still here, and I wouldn't be without the support and friendship of my family and friends and the people here. And every time I read Chuck's blog I am reminded that the bulk of my issues don't really amount to much.

Now as to the character building?

I'm not sure the folks around here would want me to be any more of a character than I already am... tongue.gifsumo.gif

you're welcome. there was an interesting thread or two about you in your abscence, but i expect you knew that already. point being, i feel as though i sort of know you, in the sense that i have read quite a bit about you, in terms alternately flattering and vitriolic, depending on the source.

but that was an interesting post up there. i especially dig the UASM TPB story, it seemed like a good insight into the kind of character you have. or would like us to think you have. being myself a believer in karmic balance, it struck me as the former, since telling the story to get kudos would offset any good karma you get from the act itself. and then, what's the point?

anyway, you really should put pics of the former assistant. that would also provide positive karmic energy

Stronguy is a useful friend to have. In addition to his winning personality, ample supply of firearms, connections with local mechanic shops, ability to squat a small car, and willingness to help a friend in need, he's also a mighty good kisser.

A kiss is the least I could give you after that 893censored-thumb.gif you gave me in the bathroom of the Arlington Convention center.

Did I mention he can take a joke, too?

Says who (see above comment about firearms)! sumo.gif

Glad things have gotten better. I'll be sure to call you while you're driving through west Texas...

"So what do you see now?"

"Same thing as last time -- timbleweeds, dirt and old oil rigs."

"Ok, how about now? What do you see?"

"Ooh!!! Dead armadillo! Cool!"