• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gears of War OA market?

6 posts in this topic

Is there a market out there for OA from the Wildstorm Gears of War comic book?  I have a really nice splash page from issue 9 from Liam Sharp with the main GoW character but I have no idea if it has any value.

thanks!

18 minutes ago, joefixit2 said:

Is there a market out there for OA from the Wildstorm Gears of War comic book?  I have a really nice splash page from issue 9 from Liam Sharp with the main GoW character but I have no idea if it has any value.

thanks!

Partial answer:

Whatever value it has is likely mostly from its value as a comic page rather than any GOW association.    (I wouldn't expect that people into GOW are really into the pages from an offshoot comic).

As a comic page, there is only one in HA's archives, and the sale was 5 years ago,  it was not by Sharp, nor was it a splash page, but it went for very little.  

I wouldn't expect a ton of value offhand.  Gears of War is too new to really hold my interest but a cursory scan of ebay completed auctions suggests the market may be more into limited edition figures/consoles/statues and similar tchotchkes based on the property.   That being said a 2 week sale window for completed ebay auctions is very little information.

Edited by Bronty

On 3/2/2020 at 8:36 AM, joefixit2 said:

thanks!

The draw here is Liam Sharp, especially since he’s enjoying a reemergence with the work he’s doing for DC in the last few years. The splash page aspect also helps. Unfortunately, there’s not a (strong) market for Gears of War comic art. Liam’s art from the 90s doesn’t command too much and we’re talking about his heyday. So my estimate for something like this falls around $250. But I’ve been wrong many times. If you really wanted to try your chances put it up on for $1500 OBO and see if you get any bites. Maybe this is a $600 splash? We all can be surprised by what might happen. If you wanted something different in your collection, try trading with Anthony Snyder, but I’ll warn you that if doesn’t recognize the property he won’t be interested. Oh and there’s Comic Link.