• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Age 9.8's
3 3

44 posts in this topic

I've been looking for the Marvel Doc Savage #2 in 9.8 for years and years now.  I don't want a SS copy either.   I think there are only 3 according to the CGC census.  
That black cover must be tough to get in 9.8.  I have a "potential" 9.6 copy but that is all.  It's definitely not a 9.8.  

34 minutes ago, musicmeta said:

I've been looking for the Marvel Doc Savage #2 in 9.8 for years and years now.  I don't want a SS copy either.   I think there are only 3 according to the CGC census.  
That black cover must be tough to get in 9.8.  I have a "potential" 9.6 copy but that is all.  It's definitely not a 9.8.  

If you can convince Kevin Feige to introduce Doc Savage to the MCU I bet a lot more will show up :roflmao:.

On 3/8/2020 at 8:51 AM, Xenosmilus said:
On 3/8/2020 at 8:14 AM, musicmeta said:

If you can convince Kevin Feige to introduce Doc Savage to the MCU I bet a lot more will show up :roflmao:.

+1

As with most of these relatively common Marvel BA books, if the demand ever shows up, the supply will more than go up to meet the demand.  (thumbsu

Now, if you are talking about the Street & Smith version of Doc Savage #2, that's definitely a completely different story with only 1 copy graded at CGC 9.0 or above while there's already a whopping 33 copies at CGC 9.0 or above for a relatively low demand Marvel Doc Savage #2.  hm

On 3/21/2020 at 12:37 PM, lou_fine said:

+1

As with most of these relatively common Marvel BA books, if the demand ever shows up, the supply will more than go up to meet the demand.  (thumbsu

Now, if you are talking about the Street & Smith version of Doc Savage #2, that's definitely a completely different story with only 1 copy graded at CGC 9.0 or above while there's already a whopping 33 copies at CGC 9.0 or above for a relatively low demand Marvel Doc Savage #2.  hm

While what you're saying is essentially true, there are examples that seem to suggest that early BA may not be THAT common in 9.8 …. and many people were actively preserving books at that point. I never had a lot of direct experience with BA 9.8's … but I did spend time on the outside looking in. You begin to hear the rumors of the scarcities, like Avengers 103, ASM 151, 124, and others, and you become curious about the census for other books. The ASM 151 has been notorious for years with 9.8's fetching 3K regularly … yet still, only 19 copies on the census at that grade... and not from a lack of trying. I recently had the opportunity to sell a friend's collection, and he had a lot of BA 9.8's, and they are beautiful... perfect. I can see the appeal. Sure, early BA may have 30 to 50 copies in 9.8, that still isn't many to go around to those who want the best. GOD BLESS....

-jimb(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu