• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Usagi #1 Cover for sale

58 posts in this topic

Could happen. Grendel 1 just went for around $5k. I would think the two pieces would be around the same level of price / desirability. Anyway, I'm high bidder for now insane.gif

Brett,

Sorry but I had to bump you. I think it'll go for around $2k. I'm very curious to see what it goes for. Based on the ending price, what do you guys think my double cover to Usagi Summer Special is worth? 1.5x this piece?

Brett,

Sorry but I had to bump you. I think it'll go for around $2k. I'm very curious to see what it goes for. Based on the ending price, what do you guys think my double cover to Usagi Summer Special is worth? 1.5x this piece?

Ba$!

Just kidding. grin.gif I have no hope of winning. Do you have a link to your Summer Special cover? I'd love to check it out!.

Edit: Happy birthday!

I'm gonna say a little over $3k. The range I was thinking was $2.5 to $4k depending on the bidding activity. Very cool cover and reminds me of my collecting days as a teen (remember he was in Critters too?).

The seller is legit, no? Decent amount of feedback, but I don't remember seeing any art from them before (not that I would remember).

well, and i know this means nothing, but it's at 910 now - sorry jeff li, but you done got bumped already and not by me - and there's over 5 days left.

confused-smiley-013.gif

course, i don't know nothing, so take that as ye may

Brett,

Ba$!

Just kidding. grin.gif I have no hope of winning. Do you have a link to your Summer Special cover? I'd love to check it out!.

Oh well, I enjoyed all 10 minutes or so that I was high bidder. I'll watch it, though, to see what happens. Here's a link to the Summer Special cover: I've posted it before, but since it's a double spread cover, it stretches the post.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/jeffreykli/Art/Usagisummerspecial.jpg

Brett,

Ba$!

Oh well, I enjoyed all 10 minutes or so that I was high bidder. I'll watch it, though, to see what happens. Here's a link to the Summer Special cover: I've posted it before, but since it's a double spread cover, it stretches the post.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/jeffreykli/Art/Usagisummerspecial.jpg

gorgeous piece! thaks for sharing it!

893applaud-thumb.gif

I have no idea what it's worth relative to the eBay cover, but yours is MUCH nicer in my opinion smile.gif

Thanks. Yeah, I like mine much more...it's more important (1st dedicated comic) as well as more detailed. I love the story from the summer special, too. yay.gif

And I can pretty much guarantee that this is NEVER going to be for sale. headbang.gif

Note I WILL ONLY ACCEPT MONEY ORDERS DRAWN FROM A US BANK IN US DOLLARS FOR THIS AUCTION due to hign fees on paypal and as this is a high end auction.

I wonder if he is hurting the bottom line with this choice? Whatever he is saving on fees, I think he is probably losing way more in the end by discounting those who only will put such large purchases on a credit card.

Well, the bidder's list looks like a "who's who" from the CGC boards. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

Everyone, back off. sumo.gif This cover clearly needs to be with its sister cover at my home. Then, all I'll need is to win the lottery to pry the Albedo #2 cover free from that collector's hands.

Well, the bidder's list looks like a "who's who" from the CGC boards. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

Everyone, back off. sumo.gif This cover clearly needs to be with its sister cover at my home. Then, all I'll need is to win the lottery to pry the Albedo #2 cover free from that collector's hands.

I can be bought off to stop bidding devil.gif

893whatthe.gif I didn't realize there were so many Usagi fans here. I though we were the only ones. My mistake... confused-smiley-013.gif