• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MAD MAX: FURIOSA starring Anya Taylor-Joy, Chris Hemsworth (2024)
6 6

287 posts in this topic

Rewatched this last night. I have to admit. I only meant to watch a few minutes before bed. Next thing you know, I'm an hour into the story.

What a shame audiences ignored this film.

Posted (edited)
On 7/9/2024 at 7:39 AM, Bosco685 said:

Rewatched this last night. I have to admit. I only meant to watch a few minutes before bed. Next thing you know, I'm an hour into the story.

What a shame audiences ignored this film.

I enjoyed it lol I didn't need to see it in imax or whatever, but it was decent, if onky a little long after having a soda in the theater.

It was decent flick and typical for the series not much to say that's bad about it, imo, other than there wasn't too much that stood out from the typical. If any of THAT makes sense lol hoping I'm not becoming grandpa Simpson somehow  :pullhair:

6074692_Full_Rev.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/20/2024 at 9:58 PM, Silver Surfer said:

Going in I wasn’t expecting much but this was a fun movie to watch. 

I felt the same way when the original Fury Road was released. Nobody else wanted to see it so I shrugged and went by myself.   That film was visually stunning.   I was never able to make the time to see Furiousa in the theaters and in a turn of events this time I was not able to go when my friends went. 

I finally caught it this week.  I also, really enjoyed it and am disappointed that it did not perform as well as I wish it would have.  Unfortunately it might have discouraged the studios or Miller to pursue making Mad Max: Wasteland. 

However, check this out.  Screen rant had published an article about Max's cameo after Furiosa loses her arm and is struggling to get through the desert as he watches from afar resting against the Interrogator.   When we next see her she is dumped back at the grounds of the Citadel.  Did Max help her?  Did she make it there herself and then pass out?  That is left for the viewer to decide.  The writer from screen rant might be overthinking it but he does explain in detail why the brief cameo is definitely not insignificant to the character. 

https://screenrant.com/furiosa-mad-max-cameo-tragic-scene-cave/

On 8/21/2024 at 1:46 AM, Silver Surfer said:

I need to watch it again because there were a few things that struck me as odd. Like didn’t they notice when she escaped? Helmsworth did a great job but at the end there were a few confusing scenes. 

I wondered that too when it came to her escaping as a teenager from Rictus's advances.   I figure that either Rictus came up with some scenario and tells everyone she died, or they assumed Rictus did something, or Joe just doesn't care.  Joe just seemed to want her not just as a future wife but to take something that Dementous valued.  

She hides in plain sight disguising herself as a male and by the time she is past disguising herself even if Joe recognized her, and in my mind he probably did, she was a partner and protected by Praetorian Jack who Joe considers a valuable asset or tool.  When Jack comes back empty handed, I watched that play out and at first figured Joe would kill Jack on the spot.  Instead he sees value in the pair and trusts them to lead another mission.  He has more tolerance and trust in Jack and Furiosa then he does his own sons as was seen later on again when Furiosa returns minus the arm. 

At that point, I think that even if he recognized her as the teenage girl he took, that he saw her as having more value than just another wife as he later hands her the keys to the next war rig. 

I really liked the ending btw.  Now if I watch Fury Road I know that in the back of that Citadel Chris Hemsworth might still be back there with a peach tree growing out of his abdomen. lol