• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MAD MAX: FURIOSA starring Anya Taylor-Joy, Chris Hemsworth (2024)
6 6

226 posts in this topic

On 12/24/2020 at 4:27 PM, Beige said:

Anya-Taylor Joy is a terrible choice.

She has the acting depth of a saucer.

Good to see Australian Chris Hemsworth in an Australian based franchise. Hopefully they use more local talent in this one (but not Bruce Spence.....)

Have you seen "The Queen's Gambit"  She was fantastic in that series.  Won an acting award for it.  
I would love to see Anya-Taylor Joy in Mad Max: Furiosa!  

On 9/11/2021 at 11:40 AM, musicmeta said:

Have you seen "The Queen's Gambit"  She was fantastic in that series.  Won an acting award for it.  
I would love to see Anya-Taylor Joy in Mad Max: Furiosa!  

I did - and you are correct.

She performed far better than I thought she was capable of.

Good film, good acting

Details as to the plot of Furiosa are of course being kept under wraps, but thanks to Kyle Buchanan’s buzzworthy new book Blood, Sweat & Chrome: The Wild and True Story of Mad Max: Fury Road, a few Furiosa hints have made their way out into the world. Buchanan’s book was indeed the source of the Hemsworth villain reveal, and now there’s another tidbit about the Fury Road prequel and how it will differ from the first film. As Fury Road assistant director and producer P. J. Voeten told Buchanan (via SlashFilm), “Furiosa is more of a traditional three-act drama. If people are expecting to see another chase movie, it's not going to be that.”

Additional information about Furiosa’s setting was revealed to Buchanan by unit production manager Dean Hood who said, “When I started reading [the 'Furiosa' -script], I couldn't put it down. It is going to be really, really good. You get to see Gas Town. You get to see The Bullet Farm. It's exciting to be able to build that stuff."

The Mad Max: Fury Road prequel Mad Max: Furiosa has officially begun filming. On Wednesday, star Chris Hemsworth took to Twitter to share a look at the film's slate, indicating that production on the project has begun. Hemsworth captioned the photo "A new journey in the Mad Max saga begins." Hemsworth will star as the film's villain alongside Anya Taylor-Joy (The Queen's Gambit, The New Mutants) in the titular role. George Miller will be returning to direct and write the project. Production on the film is expected to occur in New South Wales, Australia.

On 3/1/2022 at 6:55 AM, Bosco685 said:

Details as to the plot of Furiosa are of course being kept under wraps, but thanks to Kyle Buchanan’s buzzworthy new book Blood, Sweat & Chrome: The Wild and True Story of Mad Max: Fury Road, a few Furiosa hints have made their way out into the world. Buchanan’s book was indeed the source of the Hemsworth villain reveal, and now there’s another tidbit about the Fury Road prequel and how it will differ from the first film. As Fury Road assistant director and producer P. J. Voeten told Buchanan (via SlashFilm), “Furiosa is more of a traditional three-act drama. If people are expecting to see another chase movie, it's not going to be that.”

Additional information about Furiosa’s setting was revealed to Buchanan by unit production manager Dean Hood who said, “When I started reading [the 'Furiosa' --script], I couldn't put it down. It is going to be really, really good. You get to see Gas Town. You get to see The Bullet Farm. It's exciting to be able to build that stuff."

So they are remaking the Thunderdome movie now?

Cameo for Master, Blaster et al.

On 8/24/2022 at 2:23 AM, Artboy99 said:

another franchise where the lead male has been replaced.

Is Max even in this prequel? Why have Mad Max in the title at all then? I loved Fury Road and wanted a proper sequel with Hardy moving on through the wastelands.

On 9/11/2022 at 7:48 AM, ▫️ said:

Is Max even in this prequel? Why have Mad Max in the title at all then? I loved Fury Road and wanted a proper sequel with Hardy moving on through the wastelands.

There already is a prequel, its called The Road Warrior