• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MAD MAX: FURIOSA starring Anya Taylor-Joy, Chris Hemsworth (2024)
6 6

276 posts in this topic

On 3/5/2024 at 3:37 PM, Bosco685 said:

something that I really wish this franchise would consider in the details is that gasoline/fuel is a very precious resource (established in earlier films) and because of this they should limit the number of vehicles as well as how garish the vehicles appear. While this bike visually looks good, to me it does not belong in the Mad Max universe as it looks like a custom fabricated machine built by some well known current fabricator rather than an existing bike with add-ons like the vehicles of the 1981 Road Warrior film.

Edited by Artboy99

Also that bike doesn't look very particle for a desert/sandy wasteland.  Been awhile since I saw Road Warrior but if my memory holds all the bikes in that were dirt bikes, like you'd expect to find in a wasteland.

Were these movies ever supposed to make any real sense? This is hardly cinema…. 2c

On 3/5/2024 at 7:03 PM, Artboy99 said:

something that I really wish this franchise would consider in the details is that gasoline/fuel is a very precious resource (established in earlier films) and because of this they should limit the number of vehicles as well as how garish the vehicles appear. While this bike visually looks good, to me it does not belong in the Mad Max universe as it looks like a custom fabricated machine built by some well known current fabricator rather than an existing bike with add-ons like the vehicles of the 1981 Road Warrior film.

On 3/5/2024 at 9:29 PM, media_junkie said:

Also that bike doesn't look very particle for a desert/sandy wasteland.  Been awhile since I saw Road Warrior but if my memory holds all the bikes in that were dirt bikes, like you'd expect to find in a wasteland.

And that teddybear hanging down on his chest - everyone knows he would have it tucked deep into his leather chest plate to avoid it getting damaged. Unreal!

(:

On 3/6/2024 at 6:14 AM, Bosco685 said:

And that teddybear hanging down on his chest - everyone knows he would have it tucked deep into his leather chest plate to avoid it getting damaged. Unreal!

(:

Come on man, everyone knows that if you are not accurate in how you portray a post apocalyptic hellscape then the movie isn't worth your time!  :nyah:

On 3/6/2024 at 6:46 AM, media_junkie said:

Come on man, everyone knows that if you are not accurate in how you portray a post apocalyptic hellscape then the movie isn't worth your time!  :nyah:

I'm hoping George Miller (director of Mad Max, The Road Warrior, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome and Mad Max Fury Road) and his minor awareness of a post-apocalyptic cinematic world leads to a solid explanation for this bike design. Like with that small a gas tank is there some alternative fuel source at play here.

Time will tell.

On 3/6/2024 at 7:14 AM, Bosco685 said:

I'm hoping George Miller (director of Mad Max, The Road Warrior, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome and Mad Max Fury Road) and his minor awareness of a post-apocalyptic cinematic world leads to a solid explanation for this bike design. Like with that small a gas tank is there some alternative fuel source at play here.

Time will tell.

Ok, but he better inform us of why that teddy bear is not protected by chest armor or I'm burning this place down!

On 3/6/2024 at 5:14 AM, Bosco685 said:

Time will tell.

Must sell toys

On 3/11/2024 at 1:41 PM, Artboy99 said:

The Empire magazine image is exactly what i am talking about. Over the top visual spectacle. doh!

Have you seen a Mad Max movie before?

Mad Max Fury Road GIF - MadMax FuryRoad ThumbsUp - Discover & Share GIFs | Mad  max fury road, Mad max fury, Mad max

On 3/11/2024 at 11:43 AM, Bosco685 said:

Have you seen a Mad Max movie before?

Mad Max Fury Road GIF - MadMax FuryRoad ThumbsUp - Discover & Share GIFs | Mad  max fury road, Mad max fury, Mad max

Yes. I just dont want outlandish stuff like the flame thrower guitarist of the previous film. I am aware i am in the minority.