• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,318 posts in this topic

Oh, i think these stories have some great charm. I really like the stories of young Namor growing up in Atlantis. Kind of reminds me of the Tales of Asgard series with young Thor & Loki!

Those are definitely the better of the bunch.

Everett - yes! - But whoever was writing the stories (Stan?) wasn't even trying - I just finished reading the Masterworks reprinting the mid 50s Subby run - great art - terrible stories for the most part.

It's still high literature compared to the Human Torch story in All-Winner # 9 I read last night in the new Masterwork volume :sick:

Oh, i think these stories have some great charm. I really like the stories of young Namor growing up in Atlantis. Kind of reminds me of the Tales of Asgard series with young Thor & Loki!

They're my favorites too....I think I remember reading that Everett wrote quite a few of them....not sure. www.atlastales.com may have more info.They're certainly not E.C.'s but I like 'em....I was in hog heaven for a week when I got my volume. Now they need to collect Menace 1-11 ,or Venus 13-19 in a masterworks volume :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

I believe that Waku is the first Black main character in a comic series and that it is also the first all Black comic series. Any one have any more insights?

Mike

Thought that Lobo was the first Black character to receive and star in his own title? (shrug)

KSCN0235.jpg

Edited by Paratrooper

They're my favorites too....I think I remember reading that Everett wrote quite a few of them....not sure. www.atlastales.com may have more info.They're certainly not E.C.'s but I like 'em....I was in hog heaven for a week when I got my volume. Now they need to collect Menace 1-11 ,or Venus 13-19 in a masterworks volume :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I believe this would be a huge seller (relatively speaking) if they did.

Super-nice Atlas Namor -- some of the best Subby stuff Everett did was during this period!

Bill

SUB_34.jpg

So many books are slabbed now. It's nice to see a nice raw copy like this.

Mike

Agreed, what a beauty.

the guy at bottom left is yelling "they forgot to draw the wings on his ankles!!!!"

Super-nice Atlas Namor -- some of the best Subby stuff Everett did was during this period!

Bill

SUB_34.jpg

Mike

Agreed, what a beauty.

the guy at bottom left is yelling "they forgot to draw the wings on his ankles!!!!"

That dude looks like a reject from a Kurtzman "Hey Look!"

Bill

SUB_34.jpg

Mike

Agreed, what a beauty.

That dude looks like a reject from a Kurtzman "Hey Look!"

Psst...there is a sales thread for this book!

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2791410&Board=56&fpart=all&gonew=1#UNREAD

Today's mail brought in Battle # 35, a cover that'll go well with my copy of # 18. :grin: # 35 has a Heath story, a nice Colan historical tale and a Carrabotta (sp?) story about Flak with nice renditions of the attack on Pearl Harbor, esp. good at describing / suggesting the chaos of the situation -

70256.jpg.8d07e04955cbbb4dd800e9b92ba954fb.jpg

70257.jpg.d723c5aa49d77e714933b6e6b666cdc4.jpg

Wouldn't it also go nice with your War 11?

I love, LOVE those historical stories in Atlas. Great stuff.

Flamethrower covers :applause:

Yeah!! And as Adam said, goes well with War # 11 also. Won't show my copy, I'd rather Adam shows his again.

Best part of that Battle # 35, it was a BIN on eBay at $5 with Free Shipping :cool: Please everyone sell me your Heath Flame-Thrower covers Pre-Code Atlas War for $5 a piece, quick! That's probably what the book is worth but the fact that you still find those deals on eBay :)

Flamethrower covers :applause:

Yeah!! And as Adam said, goes well with War # 11 also. Won't show my copy, I'd rather Adam shows his again.

Best part of that Battle # 35, it was a BIN on eBay at $5 with Free Shipping :cool: Please everyone sell me your Heath Flame-Thrower covers Pre-Code Atlas War for $5 a piece, quick! That's probably what the book is worth but the fact that you still find those deals on eBay :)

Well my copy is okay but the nice one is the Salida -- I wish I owned it.

War11full.jpg