• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,319 posts in this topic

The colors on this cover are tough to beat.

I agree they are tough as hell to get in high grade. I had "higher" hopes for this one.

I've had super books I delighted in "raw", convinced they were high grade, only for CGC in their wisdom to hammer them. To whit:

Tormented1CGC65_zps0cc989a7.jpg

But anyone who really knows will appreciate that a book like your Strange tales #12 in 7.0 is a high grade book, especially for an early '50's title, where the production values were so inferior - in the main - to a decade earlier. Heck, finding a copy in any grade is something of a coup! Think of me when you upgrade any Atlas horror. :foryou:

Edited by Flex Mentallo

But anyone who really knows will appreciate that a book like your Strange tales #12 in 7.0 is a high grade book, especially for an early '50's title, where the production values were so inferior - in the main - to a decade earlier. Heck, finding a copy in any grade is something of a coup! Think of me when you upgrade any Atlas horror. :foryou:

The above statement is very true especially for Atlas titles. I will keep you in mind - I have plans for a sales thread before the end of the year.

By the way, your Tormented 1 is proof you know the pain of submitting a book you are convinced will grade high only to have your hopes dashed, that is a fantastic book Flex!

By the way, your Tormented 1 is proof you know the pain of submitting a book you are convinced will grade high only to have your hopes dashed, that is a fantastic book Flex!

I'm sure many of our respected colleagues can immediately relate to this well phrased statement.

Which gives me an idea...

Edited by Flex Mentallo

The above statement is very true especially for Atlas titles. I will keep you in mind - I have plans for a sales thread before the end of the year.

I agree with Flex. CGC can be tough on books, and it can be discouraging when your book doesn't get the grade you think it deserves. A 7.0 on an atlas book is definitely a high grade.

This one came out a bit better than expected:

You should call cgc and complain :insane:

You seem to be making furious progress on the run!

Definitely not complaining about any grades - I've been on both sides submitted 6.0's that came back 7.0's and vice versa. Aside from one book i understood the readon for the grade and felt it justified..

Yes, AS furious is a good word for it!

Edited by Johnny545

Yes, AS furious is a good word for it!

Will this make any sense? - I'll post it anyway, as it is where my thoughts lead me, and you are free to ignore it! For we act to preserve, against the dying of the light. And comics are more than just comics, at least to me.

Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rage at close of day;

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,

Because their words had forked no lightning they

Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright

Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,

And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight

Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,

Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Edited by Flex Mentallo

that is a wonderful wonderful wonderful poem

As read by the poet himself