• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,319 posts in this topic

I realized after winning this - that I hadn't added an new Atlas book to my collection for at least a couple of years.

This has been on my want list even longer, and when the BIN dropped to $99, I had to pull the trigger. It was still over guide, but I've never seen this book sell without a premium.

In addition to the great Syd Shores cover (and title that always brings a chuckle), this issue has some excellent interior artwork - by Everett, Reinman and Shores.

ma25.jpg

This thread's been quiet for too long, and I've been ODing on bronze age lately. Anyone got any cool Atlas books to be posting? War, horror or western.... let's see em!!

I'm away from home this week so I can't scan anything, but I'll try to next week.

Shep

MA27vf.jpg

That one was mine, dammit! Forgot to check the auction. He's had it listed for $750 on his website.

Yeah it seemed to fall under the radar which is why I chased it down and it went for less than half of what he had it listed for.Given the condition of the book I say it was a heck of a bargin. shy.gif

That one was mine, dammit! Forgot to check the auction. He's had it listed for $750 on his website.

Yeah it seemed to fall under the radar which is why I chased it down and it went for less than half of what he had it listed for.Given the condition of the book I say it was a heck of a bargin. shy.gif

shakefist.gif

Most excellent copy Jon. Again tough post to follow but I can live with it. I got a couple of Atlas books in. Warning, they are in my favorite BTH condition range. First up is this 1948 copy of Crimefighters # 2. It's got good colors and while the cover isn't as easily read as a later Biro Crime Does Not Pay cover, it tells the story quite well -

1716772-CrimeFighters2.jpg

1716772-QuickTriggerWestern14.jpg.b54425cd98735a5b219e9467d0b24836.jpg

And this Post-Code book which I've wanted for a while, Quick-Trigger Western # 14 -

1716772-QuickTriggerWestern14.jpg

Lovely Heath cover! And IIRC Heath used his dad as a model for the main character coming down the street.