• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,319 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

As promised, a smattering of Russ Heath's Atlas war covers. None in super high grade - but they're still killer. I love these. Here's my absolute favorite from my collection.

Battle30.jpg

I love this cover... so much tension.

MIA9.jpg

I'm with you on this -- not flashy but very effective. 893applaud-thumb.gif

You've posted a lot of great Heath covers and they are certainly very different from his DC work, where, during this time, he was sparingly used on covers. He just wasn't asked, which I think is a shame.

One of the all-time classics, even if it isn't Heath.

Man15.jpg

I think this is Burgos, who did a number of very effective covers in that same inking style.

Heath has mentioned that Burgos did the layout on a number of his Atlas covers, although I don't Russ was impressed by it in the same way that he enjoyed working over Kurtzman's layouts.

Hey guys,

As promised, a smattering of Russ Heath's Atlas war covers. None in super high grade - but they're still killer. I love these. Here's my absolute favorite from my collection.

Battle30.jpg

That's killer. Great background colors too.