• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
27 27

9,323 posts in this topic

Effective color design on that very cool Everett cover! (thumbs u

I posted this in a sales thread once but not here. (Note: it wasn't for sale but there were questions about the Spokane pedigree and I used this to provide an example of the date stamp).

MysTales5us.jpg

I posted this in a sales thread once but not here. (Note: it wasn't for sale but there were questions about the Spokane pedigree and I used this to provide an example of the date stamp).

MysTales5us.jpg

Spokane...the Church ped for PCH books. :cloud9:

All right, Northfords, Circle 8s and River Citys are rather good too.

All right, Northfords, Circle 8s and River Citys are rather good too.
I have found them to be satisfactory.

Northford

MysteryTales15.jpg

MysTales5us.jpg

Just an awesome cover and great to see in such amazing condition. I love the fade from light to dark in the background, reminds me of the ST 16 cover.

Thanks for posting!

I think Northford's are pretty much the best of the PCH pedigree's they appear to be most consistently in the NM range more so than any other - wouldn't you agree AS?

Some/perhaps most of the Northfords, yes, though a number (the lowly copies I was able to get) are brought down in appeal by back cover staining. Overall, I understand to Spokanes to have terrific page whiteness, kinda across the board. :)

I think Northford's are pretty much the best of the PCH pedigree's they appear to be most consistently in the NM range more so than any other - wouldn't you agree AS?

Some/perhaps most of the Northfords, yes, though a number (the lowly copies I was able to get) are brought down in appeal by back cover staining. Overall, I understand to Spokanes to have terrific page whiteness, kinda across the board. :)

Have not seen any Northford's with staining so this is news to me, but I have seen several Spokane's with amazing white pages.

The only other anecdotes regarding pedigrees I can offer are from opening raw White Mountains...smelled like the day printed. I have posted this before very surreal. Also, a River City book I bought had a stiffness and crackle when I opened the cover as if the cover had never even been opened before. The interior was pristine, the outside had suffered from sitting in the shed. Regardless,vVery cool for a 60 yr. old book.

Have not seen any Northford's with staining so this is news to me, but I have seen several Spokane's with amazing white pages.

The only other anecdotes regarding pedigrees I can offer are from opening raw White Mountains...smelled like the day printed. I have posted this before very surreal. Also, a River City book I bought had a stiffness and crackle when I opened the cover as if the cover had never even been opened before. The interior was pristine, the outside had suffered from sitting in the shed. Regardless,vVery cool for a 60 yr. old book.

Yep! Probably those Northfords with staining weren't high on the list to get graded, my couple are raw, but very nice overall regardless. A Voodoo #3 and #16 are my two. :) Similar to the River Citys that show evidence of the shed storage, some of the Northfords show exposure to the elements, as the collection was rescued from the original source (they had been put out in bundles, etc. for trash collection!)

Edited by originalisbest