• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,320 posts in this topic

Indeed it is - I can't remember what pedigree though (Northford?)

Not a pedigree

Speaking of Menace #5. I never noticed that there were changes made for the 70s mag until I saw someones previous post of the story.

01_menace_07_1953july_everett.jpg

zombie11.jpg

Some changes or deletions from the original text, but more importantly they made him a zombie hippie.

How often does the 'ole lady pressure you to BUY a book (shrug) We keep Reptiles and our living room looks like a Pet Shop..... so this Everett jewell really grabbed her..... me, too, truth be told..... although it's very tame for an Atlas horror book. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

astonishing62.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

How often does the 'ole lady pressure you to BUY a book (shrug) We keep Reptiles and our living room looks like a Pet Shop..... so this Everett jewell really grabbed her..... me, too, truth be told..... although it's very tame for an Atlas horror book. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

astonishing62.jpg

I think this pet shop was next to the laundromat on the cover of Strange Tales 61

I think Astonishing 62 is a great example of Everett's slicker, more illustrative style that he employed for the post code suspense stories. Given the Code, it's actually a bit surprising what he got away with as you have a guy about to die from drowning.

Here's a bit larger image to make it easier to see the detail.

Circle8

Astonish62.jpg