• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,320 posts in this topic

Those 2 round out my top 3 Jay.

Spellbound 17 Everett's largest signature...? I get the sense he really loved what he did on that cover. Signature screams pride in this cover.

If you look at how he inked it you can see that he used an extraordinary amount of feathering to create the shadows and model the forms. The original art would be a masterpiece.

I would love to see it, any idea how much of the original art for some of these Atlas masterpieces survived? Have you seen much through the years?

There was much less care taken with the Atlas art than there was of the Silver Age art, and a lot of the SA art was lost. There are surviving pieces from Heath, Everett, Maneely, Severin etc. but I haven't seen much.

I am a die hard Everett art collector - I have seen less than 5 pieces of Atlas art...seen perhaps 10 pages pre-SA....

Thanks everyone! Real happy to have all first issues of the titles that continued into the Marvel age completed. The JIM 1 was pretty hard to find a copy.

Does anyone else do this? You forget to cross comics off your want list that you bought....you stick them in a pile and forget them. You move the pile after a really long time. You find these comics and don't even remember buying them. Do other collectors do this? I just found these. ??? I think I bought them from a board member. I think I am losing my mind. lol

22c36cc153a618d177eca2db69ef769a_zps115ed0c9.jpg[/img]

...One thing I like about this thread is the willingness of posters to feature some interiors. ...it is nice to come here and see people who are still passionate about the artform.

Agree totally. It is great to see some appreciation of the writing and stories, and not just condition...Thanks to all for sharing!

Here are a few more first issues...

144601.jpg.45ea8cab3ba6dd414eb9067597acc67e.jpg

144602.jpg.e561fa05508d6f96634ce95536cf4f33.jpg

144603.jpg.0cbe49a6e070feae35520497cd68580d.jpg

Great covers and some cool interiors on those, Boot!

It's only 200 on my settings but this is still a spiffy way to celebrate 3 great Atlas artists!

Well according to my settings this is page 300!

To celebrate here's 3 great covers by Harry Anderson...

JourneyIntoUnknownWorlds26_zpsbfdb0499.jpg

MarvelTales124.jpg

MysteryTales19.jpg