• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man #20 (1st Scorpion) CGC 8.5 OW-W $MOVED

6 posts in this topic

For sale is a gorgeous copy of Amazing Spider-Man #20, first appearance of the Scorpion. I purchased this book raw from Chris Foss a few years ago who bought it in a high-grade original owner ASM run. I submitted it last summer for grading and had it pressed by CCS, mainly to take out some NCB spine tics. Just a splendid copy, vibrant colors that bowled me over when I first saw it. Case is in excellent condition, no cracks, scratches or other cosmetic blemishes that I can see (has been stored in a thick acrylic case since I unpacked it from CGC). This issue has had a healthy surge in the last few years, GPA has recent sales of $2000 and up in this grade. Great key first appearance of a classic Spidey rogue in incredible condition. I've been selling on the boards for a few years, but have been a longtime seller on the 'Bay (since '98) under the name qburt with feedback over 1800. 

The rules:

"Take it" in the thread or by PM wins and trumps any negotiations. I'm open to reasonable offers, but am not open to trades right now.

No members of the Hall of Shame or Probation List please.

USPS Priority shipping in the U.S. is $30.00 which includes full insurance and signature confirmation. Book will be packed securely in a sturdy box with plenty of packing materials. I don't take chances with shipping.

No International shipping for this item due to value. Sorry, can't take any chances!

PayPal (goods and services) and personal checks accepted.

No returns on CGC-graded comic books.

Amazing Spider-Man #20, CGC 8.5 (2050552001) OW-W pages --MOVED TO THE BAY--

1159323849_asm20cgc8.5front.thumb.jpg.569e0407003e8df2b9e1ba6277e32ad8.jpg1300583651_asm20cgc8.5back.thumb.jpg.f597e9e60bb52c54e4f65b43e52dbea8.jpg

Grader Notes:
light spine stress lines breaks color
light wear left top of front cover breaks color
very light crease right bottom of front cover breaks color

Edited by Martin Sinescu
Change of venue

22 hours ago, Wally's Comics said:

what a great storyline too. Jameson hates him so much that he's willing to create a villain to kill him.

Why JJJ never got prosecuted over this and the numerous spider slayers I'll never know.

Wally nails it! @Wally's Comics please check your PM's -- need a quick chat, thanks! (thumbsu

Great seller here; GLWTS Steve!