• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my ASM1

12 posts in this topic

MC where did you amass all these great books? Too bad about the ink stain because that is a pretty sharp looking copy that would fetch some major $$$. I have no idea how the stain affects the grade? Green label perhaps?

Thanks for the compliment!

It's funny...you collect for years and years, picking up books here and there, and then suddenly you can look on your collection and smile. This is such a fascinating hobby. smile.gif

Yes, the stain or dye mark is unfortunate. I still love this book. You're right; it might garner a Qualified label. Otherwise...(shrug)

MC where did you amass all these great books? Too bad about the ink stain because that is a pretty sharp looking copy that would fetch some major $$$. I have no idea how the stain affects the grade? Green label perhaps?

Thanks for the compliment!

It's funny...you collect for years and years, picking up books here and there, and then suddenly you can look on your collection and smile. This is such a fascinating hobby. smile.gif

Yes, the stain or dye mark is unfortunate. I still love this book. You're right; it might garner a Qualified label. Otherwise...(shrug)

An ink rub/stain will not warrant a Green Label screwy.gif

sumo.gif

Another trim job? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif What's going on here? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Not taking into account the stain an 8.0 or 8.5. I would definitely have the book certified. Even if you aren't selling the book, it would be protected. BTW, what are the pages like?

The real value of slabbing the book is 1) to certify to the best extent possible that no restoration has been done to the book; and 2) to assign an impartial third-party grade to the book.

The book would remain just as well protected if stored according the recommendations for raw book storage as found elsewhere on these boards (on countless occasions) smile.gif