• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My experience with 3 high-volume eBay sellers....

32 posts in this topic

In the last couple of months, I tried out three different high-volume comic book sellers on eBay. All three transactions number among the worst I have had.

1. Kochcom frustrated.gif

I bought a Blazing Combat 3 from them advertised as "uncirculated". They frequently list copies of this book and I was aware that it was warehouse overstock. Well, I guess "uncirculated" means water damage, brittle pages and tanning. The book I got looked ok, but the technical grade was a VG+ at best. Not pleased...

2. Neatstuff 893censored-thumb.gif

My transactions with them in the past have been hit or miss, so I decided to give them one more shot after they got rid of their shipping charges. I won a Web of Horror 2 from them for $11.50, advertised as F+. I got the book after a few week wait only to find the top edge had water damage and the interior badly tanned. About a VG at best. My repeated emails to them have gone unanswered...

3. Cosmic-King mad.gif

Far and away the worst of the bunch. I bought a Tales of the Zombie issue from them (again I was aware that it was overstock), advertised as F/VF. I just got the book today. At least a quarter of the book is water stained which resulted in loss of color. At best a G/VG. This marks one of the absolute worst transactions I have had on eBay so far...

Here is the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MEWN:IT

Here is the piece of trash I got:

z1.jpg

z2.jpg

Are you sure that your mail box isn't filled with water (since every book you got has water damage). 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just kidding.

Obviously, the last book was not the same one in the scan.

But is it worth sending back? Probably not!!! That's what most of these dealers are counting on.

that scan in the cosmic-king auction looks tampered with to me.

neg the basstard if he doesn't give you a full refund, including shipping costs. that's egregious

What a effin scumbag mad.gif Looks like fraud to me. While the auction copy looks nice, the copy you received looks FUUUUUUUUUUGly 893whatthe.gif I'd demand he replace the copy with a better one at no cost to you. This guy should pay!!!

k

in kochcom's defense, when i've been unhappy with stuff he's sent me another copy and fixed the problem.

the problem is that his "uncirculated" books have often been sitting around for 30 to 40 years in his warehouse, which doesn't mean they're in great condition if, let's say, a water pipe exploded in 1986. some may be, some aren't, and the person who packs his stuff for him doesn't always seem to make sure that what is being shipped is a copy that corresponds with the auction description. he probably has 100 more copies of that book sitting around.

seriously, did they wrap that TotZ in sandpaper?

that's obviously not the book you bought, and if the auction makes no mention of 'demonstration only' for the pic, you need to raise he-double-hockey-sticks until you are satisfied

Koch is tempting with all those "VF"s and "VF/NM"s in his store. I tried twice and everything was a good grade off. Swore him off since then. I'll take my chance with Mile High over him. 893whatthe.gif

I haven't ordered from Neatstuff in a long, long time. Craptacular experience overall (worst. shipping. ever).

Don't remember ordering from the other guy.

p.s. Nice Jesse Ventura in the X-Files or whatever avatar! thumbsup2.gif

p.p.s. What happened to the "_fire"? confused-smiley-013.giftongue.gif

I emailed the guy and opened an eBay dispute over the ToZ and unless all my money is refunded (including return shipping costs) I will give him a neg. I have had HORRIBLE luck lately in my last 5 or 6 comic transaction on and off eBay. One batch was lost in the mail, another was never mailed, and the last 4 or 5 things off eBay have been grossly overgraded. Not a good few weeks....

893censored-thumb.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

Sorry to hear about your crappy experiences. I now stay away from books advertised as "unread warehouse copies." There's currently a bunch of late '50s/early '60s Archies floating around that are advertised as such and all of them have the same problem your books did--lots of water damage mad.gif Not to mention very liberal distributor's ink all over the edges.

Unread? Sure! Collectable? No way sumo.gif

My one and only Kochcom experience was hilarious. I ordered a stack of about 30 comics and to my suprise, they arrived in a loose box which was tossed into an oversized canvass mail bag!!!!!!!! Oh and half the books were missing....To their credit they replaced every copy and also sent lots of multiple freebies of which some graded as hi as 9.6's....so they did fix it right when i complained. Most of the books that i got were VF+ or better (with an emphasis on the better).

Neatstuff, not much good I've heard from them.

Cosmic king....had some really nice buys from them as well, but without the drama of kochcom.

These transactions all happened about 2 years ago....

That is very cool! I cannot fault someone for poor grading as it always differs, but that is a solid move on his part, and i have gotten some really nice books from him.

That is very cool! I cannot fault someone for poor grading as it always differs, but that is a solid move on his part, and i have gotten some really nice books from him.

Yeah, he did get back to me quickly and his email was polite (mine was as well). I realize grading differs, but ANYBODY can tell the difference between the 3.0 he sent and the 7.0 that was offered and pictured. It's pretty clear that he has dozens of this issue and didn't want to grade each one...and I got stuck.

I used to have great luck back about 10 years ago with koch -- bought lots of warren mags and was pleased with all of them -- must have ordered at least 25 vf/nm creepy # 1`s @ around $7-9 each -- but that was 10 years ago -- dont think i`ve ordered anything from him in at least 6-7 years --

I used to have great luck back about 10 years ago with koch -- bought lots of warren mags and was pleased with all of them -- must have ordered at least 25 vf/nm creepy # 1`s @ around $7-9 each -- but that was 10 years ago -- dont think i`ve ordered anything from him in at least 6-7 years --

looks like most of the good stuff is gone wink.gif