• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rocky Horror picture show... do YOU do the time warp?
2 2

36 posts in this topic

Great songs, great humour, a great performance from Tim Curry, who's clearly enjoying every minute of it, Meatloaf, and a Him / Warlock lookalike. I watch it whenever it's shown on TV.

I’ve never seen it.  Whenever I talk to someone and they find out I haven’t seen it, they go on for 10 minutes like it’s the best piece of cinema ever produced.  Maybe it is.  At this point, I’ll probably never watch it.  It’s been hyped up to me too much.

You had o see it in a movie theater back in the day with a live audience and people acting out the rolls on a set up stage. “Great Scott!” And people would throw rolls of Scott toilet paper at the stage! Crazy fun!

Edited by Jayman

16 minutes ago, Jayman said:

You had o see it in a movie theater back in the day with a live audience and people acting out the rolls on a set up stage. “Great Scott!” And people would throw rolls of Scott toilet paper at the stage! Crazy fun!

Now, there would be fights over the toilet paper.

Now that most of us have the time to watch movies I definitely recommend seeing it.  Funny as all hell.  The live shows are insane. NYC still does them every weekend. Dressed up as Frankenfuter myself....  picture  tim curry plus 150 pounds.... :headbang:

Scary thing was how easy it was to find a corset, panties and garder belts in my size... hm

Edited by god503

19 hours ago, god503 said:

A fantastic production that can transcend political and social affiliation.  All can enjoy and laugh your butt off.    I'm a big fan and i hang to the right.... :whistle:

I think you underestimate the amount of political and social affiliation that certain groups of people have against certain other groups of people... including, but not limited to, sweet transvestites from transexual wherever.

Just now, 1950's war comics said:
16 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I've never seen it

But I take your word for it that it is good

when  i was young it was all the rage ! except not for me as i have never seen it either

Start with a minute or two from YouTube clips.  Multiply whatever you feel by 60 and that's the movie. lol

3 hours ago, Jayman said:

We had a whole troop,a few actually-one for each second run theater-of folks here in Ottawa that would dress up and have their own side show.I may have played the sweet sexy transvestite myself a few times as a slender teen...:cloud9:

1 hour ago, valiantman said:

I think you underestimate the amount of political and social affiliation that certain groups of people have against certain other groups of people... including, but not limited to, sweet transvestites from transexual wherever.

no i do not.  However a movie liks this let you appreciate the humor REGARDLESS of affiliation as opposed to lets say The New New Warriors that has an obvious political agenda....  just my 2c

1 minute ago, god503 said:
1 hour ago, valiantman said:

no i do not.  However a movie liks this let you appreciate the humor REGARDLESS of affiliation as opposed to lets say The New New Warriors that has an obvious political agenda....  just my 2c

There is nothing about that movie that would "transcend political and social affiliation" where "all can enjoy".  That "all" would automatically include people who boycotted Frozen. lol

5 minutes ago, valiantman said:

There is nothing about that movie that would "transcend political and social affiliation" where "all can enjoy".  That "all" would automatically include people who boycotted Frozen. lol

Your opinion...  My experience?  I have seen hard core bible carriers watch and enjoy the movie.  Nowadays a movie like that cant be made because they all push an agenda.  there was NO agenda to rocky horror other than laughter.