• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM All Famous Crime 10
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Just now, goodrockrich said:

Brittle pages?

No would say cream to tan. It’s really just that corner that seems real crispy. I can turn the pages easy and like flick my  fingers along the edges and I’m not worried about pieces tearing or ripping off.

I'm pretty sure if any part of a book is brittle then it will receive a slightly brittle designation.   The missing cover piece and the top spine split that splits the cover and pages gives me concern.  Regardless I would grade this 4.0 - 4.5.

1 minute ago, goodrockrich said:

I'm pretty sure if any part of a book is brittle then it will receive a slightly brittle designation.   The missing cover piece and the top spine split that splits the cover and pages gives me concern.  Regardless I would grade this 4.0 - 4.5.

I would say the cover is brittle along edges only. Here is an interior pic 

image.jpg

20 hours ago, goodrockrich said:

Yeah, it would get a SB designation from CGC at minimum due to that upper spine issue, which in turn impacts the grade, though it's never been clear to me by how much. There also appears to be some brittleness to the cover, though CGC tends to ignore that as a defect beyond accounting for any chipping as a result. 

I'd probably call it a 2.5 if it were mine.