• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I sumbit for Grading?

4 posts in this topic

Hello all-

New to this board. I've just sent off some books to be graded and was wondering if I should send off another batch.

I'm thinking about submitting Dark Knight, the first series. And Boris the Bear #1-5 and Dark Horse Presents #1. These are signed by the writers/artist, but I don't have any documentations (I worked with them to get these books out,lo those many years ago)

Any advice?

Thanks for the welcome!

But, what if I don't wannna sell? Just want them slabbed so they stay 'nice & purdy'?

I've seen that the price for grading has already gone up this year. I've heard that there will be another company offering grading service soon, will that mean that the prices will go down?

But, what if I don't wannna sell? Just want them slabbed so they stay 'nice & purdy'?

Well you can't read them if they're slabbed. If you have extra copies you can read, then by all means slab. The CGC slab is a wonderful showcase for your comics.

I've seen that the price for grading has already gone up this year. I've heard that there will be another company offering grading service soon, will that mean that the prices will go down?

Possibly, as competition can cause that, but if CGC prices go down (& that's a big IF), it will likely be a nominal decrease.

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics