• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAPTAIN AMERICA 34
1 1

8 posts in this topic

There are chips on the top right of the cover, the top left of the cover (this lead to additional creases), and the bottom right hand corner of the back. I thought there was scratch in the bottom left-hand of the cover, but that white line is visible on other CA #34 covers. There are also some  tics along the upper right-hand portion of the cover. The same is true for the upper right-hand corner of the back. Some dented corners and the extreme spine roll you already mentioned.

I would grade it at a 5.5, but I wouldn't be surprised if CGC gave it a higher grade because it's a GA book.

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 11:46 AM, dcmannn said:

Please grade my Cap 34. Thinking about having it cleaned a pressed to get rid of the spine roll but with the one staple, concerned about it popping. Any thoughts appreciated.

cap34a0001.jpg

cap 34b0001.jpg

Perfect pressing candidate for a roll revision. Looks like great paper quality for it, no issue there, and the paper surrounding the staple is very sound. Staple removal is unnecessary. This can be completely realigned beautifully, back to the original structure and formation of the spine when manufactured, and done so just as it is, no dismantling necessary. IMO, a highly attractive 6.0 will be the result if done as expertly as I know it can be done by submitting for that, and if sold on ebay, even at 6.0 it will establish a new GPA record for that grade, I'm sure.

Edited by James J Johnson