• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Red Ryder Comics #1 -- $150 Shipped in U.S.! Complete, Lower Grade
1 1

14 posts in this topic

First :takeit: wins; tie/indeterminate goes to the thread.

Payment by Check or Money Order.

U.S. Priority Shipping is $8.

Don't be listy (tsk) including the little one in my head.

Returns: Sure, just notify me within three days of receipt and get it back to me in the same shape, on your dime.

Edited by Readcomix

Red Ryder Comics #1 (Hawley Publishing; 1939 per indicia, but Overstreet lists it as 1940) in Fair/Good to GD minus. 

Overstreet calls it scarce; 22 universals on census. Spine wear, some writing/blue ink coloring of white areas on cover (see cow, hat) but attached at all three staples. A couple interior leafs loose in middle but most attached, as is cover.

This is one of the earliest comics to be titled after a single character (y'know, like that Superman guy), may be the first comic to employ the "turned-up corner" illusion on the cover, and features the first time Red meets Little Beaver...ahem...

Anyway, Ebay comps: a very similar but slightly better-presenting copy (from the pix, anyway) went for $299 BIN; a worse copy (most wraps split, tan to brown pages etc.) is asking $150 OBO. Overstreet GD is $258.

Take this copy for $225

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg