• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's your favorite mainstream comic character?

Who are your favorite comic book superheroes? (Select up to 5)  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Who are your favorite comic book superheroes? (Select up to 5)

33 posts in this topic

I haven't seen it yet either. I voted for Batman.

You make a great distinction. The comic book movies aren't the same as the actual comic books. He was up there. Just didn't make it into my top 5. I think I like the second-tier heroes.

I went with Flash but I have to specify "classic" Barry Allen Flash. I can't get into the new series (the one that's 18 years old now). My real #1, though, is either Elektra or Jessica Jones, both conspicuous by their absence. Roudning out my top 5 are Jesse Custer and Cerebus (what, Preacher and Cerebus aren't mainstream?).

what, Preacher and Cerebus aren't mainstream?).

If you noticed, I specifically said for the mainstream Marvel U. and DCU. Preacher was DC right? But wasn't it under the DC-Vertigo label? Not mainstream DCU.

And when in the world have you last seen a recent Cerebus issue?

I thought it would be interesting to find out who everyone's favorite characters are. Unfortunately, for this I think we'll have to stick to the mainstream characters (Marvel, DCU). Alternate universe characters are not separate from the regulars. i.e. if you love Ultimate Spidey, he's still just Spidey along with all the other Spidey books.

Please select up to 5 of your favorite comic book heroes on the following poll. Then, you can discuss and rank them in the thread, and discuss who your favorite villains are as well.

OK.

A mutant.

An unbreakable will.

One socially conscience.

An alien.

A vigilanty.

A mutant: Wolverine

An unbreakable will: Green Lantern

One socially conscience: Green Arrow

An alien: Superman

A vigilanty: Batman