• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gallery told to drop 'gay' Batman

93 posts in this topic

Look I have already said that my "fruit" comment was insensitive so why don't you just drop it.

Because it takes only an instant to blurt a term like that out of mouth, but it takes a bit more time to think about just what a terrible term it is (akin to the "N" word) before you actually type it and post it.

Look I have already said that my "fruit" comment was insensitive so why don't you just drop it.

Because it takes only an instant to blurt a term like that out of mouth, but it takes a bit more time to think about just what a terrible term it is (akin to the "N" word) before you actually type it and post it.

Can we be a little more dramatic about this? Please give it a rest.

Can we be a little more dramatic about this? Please give it a rest.

Sure...now the point has been made.

akin to the "N" word

I agree that "fruit" is in bad taste, but to compare it to a word steeped in hundreds of years of violence, hatred and bigotry is inane. foreheadslap.gif

So than if you call a gay person a "fruit" its a compliment?? Just because the term might not have been around as long doesnt make it any less offensive.

akin to the "N" word

I agree that "fruit" is in bad taste, but to compare it to a word steeped in hundreds of years of violence, hatred and bigotry is inane. foreheadslap.gif

So than if you call a gay person a "fruit" its a compliment?? Just because the term might not have been around as long doesnt make it any less offensive.

THAT'S what got out of my post? I just said "fruit" was in bad taste. makepoint.gif It's pretty much common knowledge that the "N" word is at the top of the hierarchy of derogatory terms. It's inseparable from countless hate crimes, lynchings, and deaths all through America's history; not to mention slavery. "Age" has little to do with it. Do I seriously need to explain this?

akin to the "N" word

THAT'S what got out of my post? I just said "fruit" was in bad taste. makepoint.gif It's pretty much common knowledge that the "N" word is at the top of the hierarchy of derogatory terms. It's inseparable from countless hate crimes, lynchings, and deaths all through America's history; not to mention slavery. "Age" has little to do with it. Do I seriously need to explain this?

Theres a hierarchy for derogatory terms??? Never knew that, is there a list or a web site or something??

akin to the "N" word

Theres a hierarchy for derogatory terms??? Never knew that, is there a list or a web site or something??

No, no website. Just common sense and a basic history lesson. foreheadslap.gif

akin to the "N" word

No, no website. Just common sense and a basic history lesson. foreheadslap.gif

I see...so since the "N" word was part of the history of slavery, it holds more weight than the term "Fruit"?

I see...so since the "N" word was part of the history of slavery, it holds more weight than the term "Fruit"?

That's certainly part of it.

So than what tops the "N" word? And what does the term "Fruit" top?

That's certainly part of it.

So than what tops the "N" word? And what does the term "Fruit" top?

I am not going to quantify the offensiveness of words, or rank them. I have already said why it's worse than "fruit". If you choose to believe otherwise that's your prerogative, but I wouldn't go around saying that they basically on the same level. There are plenty of people who would get VERY angry at the comparison. confused-smiley-013.gif