• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picked these up at a yard sale

42 posts in this topic

On 4/21/2020 at 12:28 AM, fifties said:

Oh, pre-world war 2 comic covers are just all over the place...

Your best bet would be to find a replica.  There are a few sellers on eBay that deal in that.

Yikes - tough crowd. 

There is a good community of people who play the parts game and I've been successful putting together a pre WWII DC. So its not impossible, but it does take diligence and patience.  There is a guy on these boards who's waited decades to put together a few major keys. 

As an aside - in my opinion completing an incomplete book doesn't usually work out to be much cheaper than buying a low grade complete copy.  There aren't usually allot of choices so you take what you can get. 

If you are trying to recoup your money, I would just sell them for cheap. I would offer them in the let's get married thread to see if any one is looking for those.  If not just sell them on eBay

4 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

You would do that for me?  Gosh, I don't know what to say...:whee:

Boy - you've been getting allot of offers on your collection this week. First the AF15 on the other thread and now this!  

Just my opinion, but if you wait a few years, those comics may be worth more than $5 you paid for them.  Call it, wishful thinking.