• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Rai #1 Glossy **edited with Photos in thread**

4 posts in this topic

I've had this book since I was a kid back in 1994.  I really wanted it to be a 9.8 so I can have some pride in a 13 year old me for keeping the book in good shape, even though these issues could have been evident when I bought it back in 1994 as I wasn't looking to find 9.8 books.  However, looking at the high res scans I see some issues with the back cover but none really with the front cover.  There's also minor spine wear along the spine.  I have a grade in mind but want to see what others think.

Link to google photos.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2N1J67AkMCJVENLM7

1644418672_Rai001Front.thumb.jpg.d791cfe96d68ed1d331deec4e2f669ff.jpg

Rai 001 Front(1).jpg

Rai 001 Front(2).jpg

Rai 001 Front(3).jpg

Rai 001 Front(4).jpg

Rai 001 Front(5).jpg

Rai 001 Front(6).jpg

Rai 001 Back.jpg

Rai 001 Back(1).jpg

Rai 001 Back(2).jpg

Rai 001 Back(3).jpg

Rai 001 Back(4).jpg

Rai 001 Back(5).jpg

Rai 001 Back(6).jpg

IMG_20200421_143251.jpg

IMG_20200421_143258.jpg

IMG_20200421_143303.jpg

IMG_20200421_143307.jpg

IMG_20200421_143311.jpg

Edited by evolpe79

Im going to safely say 9.2-9.4. It could be higher but because of the spine wear I doubt it especially because these books are not known to have spine wear off the press like some books do. Also, Im not positive but I don't think this is a Rai #0 glossy. I think this is the Matte version. They are very hard to tell from one another as the Matte one still has a little gloss effect to it. The glossy ones usually have a cover that is a little bit shorter than the pages on the right hand side.

9 minutes ago, JoshGrav said:

Im going to safely say 9.2-9.4. It could be higher but because of the spine wear I doubt it especially because these books are not known to have spine wear off the press like some books do. Also, Im not positive but I don't think this is a Rai #0 glossy. I think this is the Matte version. They are very hard to tell from one another as the Matte one still has a little gloss effect to it. The glossy ones usually have a cover that is a little bit shorter than the pages on the right hand side.

Thanks Josh!  I too was thinking 9.4 because of the spine wear.  Regarding glossy versus matte...  I have no idea.  I noticed gloss on the cover and called it that.  :)  Haha.

What do you think about Google Photos as an alternate to uploading photos?  I feel like the photos I can post on there really allow you to zoom in on the books.  You may actually be able to zoom in more than what a grader would detect.  Not sure though.

Its definitely works better, you can zoom in on the photos, so I like it. That being said, there are real crabby people on these boards that I have run into that will basically chastise you for anything and everything. So I could see some insufficiently_thoughtful_person telling you that you need to post the pictures in the body or they wont be able to grade it. Those kind of people just rub me the wrong way.