• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME GRADING THIS!!!! PGM Venom 3 San Diego Comic Con Variant - is the significant corner damage a production issue?

7 posts in this topic

**  Update  **

The front cover design has a white line by the corner that could appear to be a crease in pictures.  The damage to my book apparently occurred during shipping and it happened to be in the place where the white line is which caused the confusion.

I ordered Venom 3 SDCC variant to have Cates and Stegman sign at their upcoming CGC event.  It came with significant damage to a corner.  I checked 9.8s for sale on eBay and they all had the same issue.  It's impossible to see if the damage to the 9.8s are are bad as the damage done to mine.  The seller said he never opened the book and besides the corner, I only see 2 small ticks.  If anyone knows about any damage forgiveness CGC gives the book when grading it, I'd love to know.  If the damage isn't going to be disregarded, there's no way this book is worth being signed and graded.

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

Link to high res pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/tPfL2CzbyTpsJgTw9

Venom 3 SDCC Front Cover.jpg

Venom 3 SDCC Front Cover 1:4.jpg

Venom 3 SDCC Front Cover 2:4.jpg

Venom 3 SDCC Front Cover 3:4.jpg

Venom 3 SDCC Front Cover 4:4.jpg

Venom 3 SDCC Back Cover.jpg

Venom 3 SDCC Back Cover 1:4.jpg

Venom 3 SDCC Back Cover 2:4.jpg

Venom 3 SDCC Back Cover 3:4.jpg

Venom 3 SDCC Back Cover 4:4.jpg

IMG_20200424_150523.jpg

IMG_20200424_150529.jpg

IMG_20200424_150533.jpg

IMG_20200424_150536.jpg

IMG_20200424_150541.jpg

IMG_20200424_150545.jpg

IMG_20200424_150549.jpg

Edited by evolpe79

can I ask why slab?

If it is for resale it isn't worth it in my opinion. Assuming that is a 9.4, a 9.4 CGC convention edition gpa value is $55 March 2020.

If you don't plan to sell then keep it in a mylar is my opinion.

2 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

can I ask why slab?

If it is for resale it isn't worth it in my opinion. Assuming that is a 9.4, a 9.4 CGC convention edition gpa value is $55 March 2020.

If you don't plan to sell then keep it in a mylar is my opinion.

So, the history of the post is I got the book and noticed the damage to the lower left corner.  I wasn't sure if it was damaged or not so I looked up 9.8s on eBay and they all had a line at the bottom left corner.  I thought it was a production defect, so I posted the scans.  I later found out the line was part of the cover design and not a defect.  I edited the subject of the post to notify people not to grade the book as, like you said, it's not worth slabbing.  I'm working on returning the book or putting a claim in with USPS.  Since I can't delete the post I thought updating the subject of the post would have resulted in graders ignoring the post.