• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTH Happened To GPAnalysis?? It's awful now!
1 1

45 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I would say ping Greg and give him some constructive feedback.  Tell him what you don't like and why.  He is definitely a very reasonable guy and appreciates hearing how he can improve his tool

there have been a few folks saying this same thing on the other thread since the redesign in december. but greg has shown no interest here on the boards or directly to his customers via email, in addressing any of the myriad complaints about the redesign- and they are many. i would certainly expect anyone whose business had such a disastrous flop as this to at least address some part of it and offer something publicly. he has been absent and silent, it's now april. many of us have moved on. gocollect seems sufficient for many of us. 

4 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

I had to take a moment to highlight these statements.

I think its a good commentary for the state of today's society.

Is your finger going to cramp up on you with all that hard work, ala George Jetson finger?  

People would wither away and die if they didn't have the internet.  Remember when your phone was just a phone or you had to get your research by other middle-evil devices like encyclopedias.

Damn... it's just a website, I didn't like the interface at first but you get used to it with repetition.

Don't be so dramatic.

It used to be good and fairly quick to find info, now it's not.

It's worse in many more ways than it's better.

The foundation of good website design is an easy user-experience, especially just a database like this. Users should find what they need easily. This redesign fails at that from beginning to end.

Adding more click-throughs, scrolls and difficulty in comparing closely-related data is an outright failure, not an improvement.

No, my finger isn't going to fall off scrolling and scrolling and scrolling - but it's just really poor website design.

If you enjoy it, great. I don't and some others don't either.

1 hour ago, jcjames said:

Don't be so dramatic.

It used to be good and fairly quick to find info, now it's not.

It's worse in many more ways than it's better.

The foundation of good website design is an easy user-experience, especially just a database like this. Users should find what they need easily. This redesign fails at that from beginning to end.

Adding more click-throughs, scrolls and difficulty in comparing closely-related data is an outright failure, not an improvement.

No, my finger isn't going to fall off scrolling and scrolling and scrolling - but it's just really poor website design.

If you enjoy it, great. I don't and some others don't either.

I was just busting your chops... I don't really care.  Just thought it was funny to hear someone gripe about scrolling and clicking too much.

every website ever: Hi we see the community has become adept at using our website-what we are going to do now is change everything, and make you start learning curve all over!  

I have read that this happens because IT people have to have something to do to justify their job and this is one of the things they can do.

2 hours ago, kav said:

every website ever: Hi we see the community has become adept at using our website-what we are going to do now is change everything, and make you start learning curve all over!  

2 hours ago, kav said:

I have read that this happens because IT people have to have something to do to justify their job and this is one of the things they can do.

EXACTLY on both counts!  The new GPA is an embarrassment, and if you like being embarrassed as a business owner, it's a winner! 

Here's the results when you click on Help:

1827383908_Screenshot_2020-04-25AnalysePricesGPAnalysis.thumb.png.d031ed64ae5bb75857253da19ce8c3ad.png

Yep, blank.  Can't type in the box.  Too difficult to just get it right?

Hey, how's that new PayPal interface? Just as cr@ppy.  Way back, it started out as spreadsheet design where you could see everything upon login.  Links to other stuff you might want to do were in the headers at the top.  What more did you need? 

Then it started "evolving" (read devolving).  Now you log in and go to the same useless landing page where you get marketing tossed at you.  You look around for the magic button to get you to your stuff, and the main page appears.  In a little tiny frame are your transactions. 

It's loaded with garbage like "Insights", "Actions", invoicing, notifications, quick links, etc..  My favorite one is at the bottom "Tell Us What You Think".  I use that A LOT, hope you will too.

Back to GPA---  For those of you who can remember, it's like New Coke.  What a blunder.  Almost croaked Coca-Cola.  I can only guess the happiness it brought those Pepsi folks at the time. 

2 minutes ago, Lightning55 said:

if you like being embarrassed as a business owner, it's a winner! 

^^  :banana:

3 minutes ago, Lightning55 said:

EXACTLY on both counts!  The new GPA is an embarrassment, and if you like being embarrassed as a business owner, it's a winner! 

Here's the results when you click on Help:

1827383908_Screenshot_2020-04-25AnalysePricesGPAnalysis.thumb.png.d031ed64ae5bb75857253da19ce8c3ad.png

Yep, blank.  Can't type in the box.  Too difficult to just get it right?

Hey, how's that new PayPal interface? Just as cr@ppy.  Way back, it started out as spreadsheet design where you could see everything upon login.  Links to other stuff you might want to do were in the headers at the top.  What more did you need? 

Then it started "evolving" (read devolving).  Now you log in and go to the same useless landing page where you get marketing tossed at you.  You look around for the magic button to get you to your stuff, and the main page appears.  In a little tiny frame are your transactions. 

It's loaded with garbage like "Insights", "Actions", invoicing, notifications, quick links, etc..  My favorite one is at the bottom "Tell Us What You Think".  I use that A LOT, hope you will too.

Back to GPA---  For those of you who can remember, it's like New Coke.  What a blunder.  Almost croaked Coca-Cola.  I can only guess the happiness it brought those Pepsi folks at the time. 

I always wondered when someone makes a website why dont they actually try it and see if it works?  Not talking abt this particular one but so many times a website just doesnt work and you know-no one has even bothered to try it!  Same goes for packaging that refuses to open on the "PULL HERE".  I'M PULLING HERE LIKE CRAZY AND NOTHING!!!!!  $##@!!!  
I have a smart buddy who works IT-what he would do is find the dumbest person in the office then stand behind them and watch em navigate.  IS THIS SO HARD??

10 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

strangely, the gpa folks are here on the boards and have remained silent on this topic since december, when the new format dropped and the complaints started pouring in. wondering why there's been no real response since then. @gpanalysis

Maybe they wanted to destroy it. It certainly seems possible. Maybe it's just one of their business endeavors and they needed a loss leader?

21 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Not a fan of gocollect.   At this point I will just do my own research from completed eBay sales and heritage listings. 

What bothers me about GoCollect is that they take the highest historical purchase price and assign that as Fair Market Value. So a high price paid for a much-hyped book during the dot-com boom is suddenly the going rate? When hundreds purchases since then have been much less? Not a good representation of FMV.

45 minutes ago, MatterEaterLad said:

What bothers me about GoCollect is that they take the highest historical purchase price and assign that as Fair Market Value. So a high price paid for a much-hyped book during the dot-com boom is suddenly the going rate? When hundreds purchases since then have been much less? Not a good representation of FMV.

i dont know where you're getting this from, but it's quite clearly false. i've been using it for awhile now and thats never been the case. heres a snapshot of asm50 in 9.0 grade. as you can see the fmv is 3300 but there are two recent sales that were both higher. and thats without even scrolling down even further.

68EF668A-2D6E-4894-A4F3-F693AA575CDB.jpeg

20 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I would say ping Greg and give him some constructive feedback.  Tell him what you don't like and why.  He is definitely a very reasonable guy and appreciates hearing how he can improve his tool

I did this and no reply.

2 hours ago, MatterEaterLad said:

this is false

This is purely speculation but if I had to guess part of the reason for the new site design is to take better advantage of the eBay Affiliate Program.  The "Live" links next to specific title, issue, and grade of a book take you to a for sale listing for a similar book.  These links don't always direct you to eBay but when they do this is good for the site.  If you buy anything on eBay within 24 hours of clicking this link George collects a referral fee from eBay.  With the new site these links are mixed into the data.  With the old site they were all above the data.  Easily scrolled past to get the the real reason we use the site.    

1 hour ago, Gaard said:

this is false

Maybe it's not universally flawed, but definitely on some recent searches.

DD #163 - FMV $900

That was for a SS book in 2017.

More recent sales have been around $500.

Why is that $900 SS listed as FMV?