• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this book

4 posts in this topic

I recently received this book (ASM 301) and, from looking at just the front, I thought I might send it to be graded. Then I looked at the back and wasn't so sure. The front literally looks flawless (no spine creases even at an angle in the light, sharp, tight corners), but the back spine has 2 little white creases in the middle. These are not noticable from the front at all. You can see this from the pics. Keep in mind that these pics are 2272x1704 resolution, so they are BIG (2.5 MB each = looong download) and up close and personal.

Basically, I want to know if it is a waist of time getting this graded.

Thanks for any help anyone can give! smile.gif

Back

Back Spine

Front Spine

Full Spine

From what I've seen, I don't think CGC would knock the book down much for the two stress cracks on the back cover. Only real serious if it's on the front. But all I've got to go on are a couple golden age books that looked spectactular on the front, but had just awful back covers with problems a lot more serious than yours. They still were given a 9.0. This is a modern age comic, so it may matter. But, if you're looking to score at least a 9.4, I am thinking you have a good chance. Anyone else?

9.4 sounds about right/maybe 9.6 - since flaws on back spine - but from the scans, does the book lay flat? clicked on the front spine pic then scrolled to the non spinal edge and it looked like it was doing funny stuff (curving inward) by the middle of the comic?