• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM (very sad) ASM Annual #1

13 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, vheflin said:

How can it be in that condition yet have white pages????

It's a good question!  The comic belonged to a family member so I can't really answer but am pretty sure they bought it used, already with the cover issues, maybe did the taping? But from that point on kept in safely in a bag.

Wrong board to be saying it but I think it would be an absolute crime to slab that book-- that's a book that was read to near death but still has nice pages.   That's the kind of book that should be taken out of it's bag and read every now and again.   My 2c

1 minute ago, AndyFish said:

Wrong board to be saying it but I think it would be an absolute crime to slab that book-- that's a book that was read to near death but still has nice pages.   That's the kind of book that should be taken out of it's bag and read every now and again.   My 2c

^^ Also, the slab grade won't help the sale.

Sometimes there are real dogs of comics that manage, despite the odds, to retain a beautiful cover. We like to euphemistically say those "present well", and they make the best low-grade slabs. This thing is the exact opposite. That cover could barely get worse if my dog got to it, but the interior pages are fantastic.

I agree that this would get a 0.5 label, but I even more fervently agree that it shouldn't be slabbed. Slabbing this book would rob it of the features that make it worth owning; it needs to be able to be opened to be appreciated for what's genuinely very good about it.

3 hours ago, Qalyar said:

Sometimes there are real dogs of comics that manage, despite the odds, to retain a beautiful cover. We like to euphemistically say those "present well", and they make the best low-grade slabs. This thing is the exact opposite. That cover could barely get worse if my dog got to it, but the interior pages are fantastic.

I agree that this would get a 0.5 label, but I even more fervently agree that it shouldn't be slabbed. Slabbing this book would rob it of the features that make it worth owning; it needs to be able to be opened to be appreciated for what's genuinely very good about it.

No intention of slabbing just curiosity.  Thanks.