• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submitting to CGC through authorized dealer?

8 posts in this topic

I apologize, I should know the answer to this but it’s been years since I’ve submitted books to CGC through an authorized dealer.

Every time I’ve done this in the past I would just go to the website of my preferred dealer and there was a link on his site to start the submission. 

But when I looked at his site this weekend there was no link. He had updated his site since the last time I did a submission so I assumed maybe he forgot to include the link in the update. 

But then I started checking all the other big dealers and none of them have a link  on their sites to submit through them either.

So how does one submit through a dealer? Or is that no longer a thing?

I know CGC offered direct submission with free membership but at this point my books won’t make it by the April 30th cut-off date. 

Thanks for the help. I will now sit back and take my well-deserved ribbing. 

I dont understand what is going on! Are you trying to submit books to CGC for grading or signature series?  Why is April 30th a cut-off date?

CGC "dealers" exist but I didnt think there was any technical (website, order handling) connection with CGC. The dealer just submits under their account and gets a discount which is part of how they make money on the deal.

5 minutes ago, Avi said:

I dont understand what is going on! Are you trying to submit books to CGC for grading or signature series?  Why is April 30th a cut-off date?

CGC "dealers" exist but I didnt think there was any technical (website, order handling) connection with CGC. The dealer just submits under their account and gets a discount which is part of how they make money on the deal.

For those who weren’t able to submit to CGC at a convention in April CGC ran a promotion that people could submit directly to CGC using their free membership. The the article is in the News section of the CGC main website. 

E6925616-014D-4168-9786-F47D194EC72E.thumb.jpeg.a1337386ff07e99a86c9e07ce0ff5755.jpeg

This is the section of the article that mentions the deadline for that promotion:

D42F0623-E13D-4EE0-B33B-0E2C87A86A4A.thumb.jpeg.6668467a6c7df9f791a7bb235624fa8a.jpeg

Before this promotion, if you didn’t have a paid membership with CGC you could submit through an authorized CGC dealer. This is from the Submit section of CGC’s website:

67E0F2FE-13D5-4BA9-896B-5957739DC996.thumb.jpeg.6701e398f36caf7e7b704020c168effe.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Bax77 said:

Yeah, what you're describing is the old way of getting a free 10% discount through a dealer's website. This was when it was free for anyone to submit to CGC, no membership required. You never actually sent your books to a dealer though, you still sent them in yourself, which you can't do anymore.

Even back then the only way to submit directly through an Authorized CGC Affiliate was to actually go to their shop or mail the books to them.

Yeah, I would fill out the submission form through the dealer’s site but send the books directly to CGC. 

So the only way to send books to CGC is by a paid membership now?  Man, I have been out of the loop. 

Well, I seriously doubt there’s going to be any conventions in May, hopefully they extend the promotion. 

Ahhh I see now! You can still use a dealer.

My guess is the dealer you picked doesnt have an online submission process. The one time I did a submission through a dealer I had to physically go into the store and hand my books, they filled out the form and mailed it in.

Alternatively you can pay extra in shipping to get the books there by April 30th and avoid having to deal with a dealer.