• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Artist May Madness Tournament

39 posts in this topic

Hi all

Not sure if there is any interest here in General but if you have desire to participate, I have started a fun little diversion called Golden Age Artist May Madness Tournament to determine the greatest GA artist (based on the votes you give).  I know some may not venture into the GA forum often but if you want to play, you can find details in the thread below.  Right now, the results will create the playing field and I will set up brackets like March Madness.  Voting for this round goes until this Friday is anyone wants to play.  At the end, we will crown the GA 

1 hour ago, kav said:

I know who's going to win this.  2nd place will be interesting tho.

Despite his small amount of comics work compared to many of the others, I wonder if it's going to be Frazetta?

He's pretty much deified here.

Edited by Ken Aldred

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

Despite his small amount of comics work compared to many of the others, I wonder if it's going to be Frazetta?

He's pretty much deified here.

thats my guess.

My money is on Schomburg. 

That's not who I would choose but that's my bet to take home the gold. 

2 minutes ago, kav said:

rounds shouldnt be this far apart!!!  >:(

Ah, you're just fishing for another NO PRIZE.  

I'm trying to spread it out until they come up with a COVID-19 vaccine. :whee:

43 minutes ago, telerites said:

Ah, you're just fishing for another NO PRIZE.  

I'm trying to spread it out until they come up with a COVID-19 vaccine. :whee:

:flipbait:

1 minute ago, telerites said:

For those still interested - voting now for the Sweet Sixteen is up and running. Anyone is welcome to vote. 

@kav @aardvark88 @Ryan. @Ken Aldred @shadroch (I know some of you visit the GA Forum but since you posted here too - just make sure you saw it.)

For the voting links and match-ups - go here

Thx i will need these reminders

3 minutes ago, telerites said:

For those still interested - voting now for the Sweet Sixteen is up and running. Anyone is welcome to vote. 

@kav @aardvark88 @Ryan. @Ken Aldred @shadroch (I know some of you visit the GA Forum but since you posted here too - just make sure you saw it.)

For the voting links and match-ups - go here

did i miss some rounds?  I see 3 categories survey no longer available orig survey was just all the artists

5 minutes ago, kav said:

did i miss some rounds?  I see 3 categories survey no longer available orig survey was just all the artists

I think Kav, the only thing I failed to post here was the overtime game (it was a tie in the first round) so we had a vote to see who would move on.  

Just now, telerites said:

I think Kav, the only thing I failed to post here was the overtime game (it was a tie in the first round) so we had a vote to see who would move on.  

Thx.  I did not want to miss out.  I already had jar of jalapenos bust in bag in car so dont need any more stress today.  Do not plop down grocery bags in car folks set down gently.

4 minutes ago, shadroch said:

I'm watching but don't know enough about GA books to be able to say who is the best.

shad - feel free to vote; even if on the games that involve artists you know. :smile: