• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DISPLAYING YOUR CGC BOOKS

25 posts in this topic

I have all of my CGC books stored in boxes from Bill Cole and E. Gerber. Eventually, I want to put them on display. I know Bill Cole use to sell frames that you can display your CGC books in. They were about 16 bucks a piece but I went on their website recently and it looks like they don't sell them anymore. They would be good for a few books but what if you have a couple hundred you want to display? I know they are safe right now where they are storeed and why risk putting them someplace where maybe the light could get to them or they could fall and break. I just think it would be neat for people when they come over and your entire wall is covered with all of these nicely graded books. Any ideas, comments, suggestions?

My wife bought me a bunch small wooden picture frame holders that look like little eisels. They hold a graded book very nicely, and are quite sturdy. I can change which books I have out or the manner in which they're displayed at any time, and can easily take the books down and put them away should the need arise.

If your into Displaying Art,...why not just switch to buying Original Comic art ? The stuff is more ideal to be framed and displayed. A comic book on a wall seems ...weird.

Do you ever quit?

Give KK some credit. You think it's easy to scroll through every thread on these forums and figure out some way to shill OA?

Of course, it's still undoubtedly easier doing it on these threads than in KK's real life. Just imagine, as he was bagging groceries at his real world job and haranguing customers to buy OA instead of those unnecessary food items. How many complaints did his manager receive and how quickly was KK fired (again)? At least in his current job as a dish washer he has no exposure to customers and only irritates the kitchen staff (although he better watch out because those knives be sharp!).

I have all of my CGC books stored in boxes from Bill Cole and E. Gerber. Eventually, I want to put them on display. I know Bill Cole use to sell frames that you can display your CGC books in. They were about 16 bucks a piece but I went on their website recently and it looks like they don't sell them anymore. They would be good for a few books but what if you have a couple hundred you want to display? I know they are safe right now where they are storeed and why risk putting them someplace where maybe the light could get to them or they could fall and break. I just think it would be neat for people when they come over and your entire wall is covered with all of these nicely graded books. Any ideas, comments, suggestions?

I just take out a few books at a time and line them up leaning against my comix boxes, I rotate them every so often to prevent them getting too much light.

Not a very pretty way to do it but it looks o'kay.

If your into Displaying Art,...why not just switch to buying Original Comic art ? The stuff is more ideal to be framed and displayed. A comic book on a wall seems ...weird.

Do you ever quit?

Give KK some credit. You think it's easy to scroll through every thread on these forums and figure out some way to shill OA?

Of course, it's still undoubtedly easier doing it on these threads than in KK's real life. Just imagine, as he was bagging groceries at his real world job and haranguing customers to buy OA instead of those unnecessary food items. How many complaints did his manager receive and how quickly was KK fired (again)? At least in his current job as a dish washer he has no exposure to customers and only irritates the kitchen staff (although he better watch out because those knives be sharp!).

Come on'...displaying comic books in frames ???? I was trying to help the guy from making a 'home decorating blunder' ! If anyone walks into a house with a 'framed comic' they will assuredly think 'What a frickin loser'. Hence, my advice was constructive.

Not if you have a 150% upsized scan printed on heavyweight glossy proofing paper in gorgeous color in a frame. And it's gotta' be the right title. Everyone that sees this in my studio is knocked out.

misprint.jpg

Not if you have a 150% upsized scan printed on heavyweight glossy proofing paper in gorgeous color in a frame. And it's gotta' be the right title. Everyone that sees this in my studio is knocked out.

misprint.jpg

Excellent - the inks and colors look really heightened. If only I could persuade the missus to have something like that in the house.....

Here's an idea of the scale.....and I didn't punch up the color much......it's one of Harry's books!

misprintout.jpg

I wouldn't hang this in the living room, but in a den, office, etc. it looks great.

Even better than original art with all those crappy photostats glued on with discolored rubber cement. poke2.gif

Do you ever quit?

27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I'm interested in getting a cover from an early ASM displayed in the manner that Red Hook has done. Which cover would you choose. At first glance, I'm sort of partial to #23, "The Goblin and the Gangsters ".

Also, what book/cd that has a catalogue of covers would I use to get a high quality scan from?

Thanks.