• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please grade this Superman #11!

9 posts in this topic

Early DC I've owned for a while. Presents nicely with pretty strong colors, but upper left corner not great, and the righthand interior page edges have a crack and some tiny chips suggesting localized dryness/brittleness. The book feels solid, well-attached at staples and can be curled in hand and flipped through without damage.

What grade/PQ do you see here? Thanks!

(first pic is a scan; the rest are my po'boy digital photos of varying quality.)

supes11.jpg

supes11back.JPG

supes11pg0.JPG

supes11pg1.JPG

supes11pg2.JPG

supes11pg3.JPG

Edited by Point Five

Thanks guys. I realize it's hard to judge from photos, but given the upper left corner plus the edge chips (see the last few photos), do you think CGC would call the book Slightly Brittle?

It's weird because the pages are not as tan as brittle books usually are, but they do seem somewhat 'dry' for lack of a better word.

I don't think those edge chips are brittle-paper chips, but rather the result of some sort of trauma the book suffered at some point since 1939 -- a trauma that also caused the defect at front cover right edge center. Might get called a darker page color than OW due to some of the edges and top left, though 

11 hours ago, Qalyar said:

I don't think those edge chips are brittle-paper chips, but rather the result of some sort of trauma the book suffered at some point since 1939 -- a trauma that also caused the defect at front cover right edge center. Might get called a darker page color than OW due to some of the edges and top left, though 

I appreciate the thought. Again though, in hand the book does seem a bit 'dry' or crispy along those edges. (The actual color does seem closer to off-white than tan... maybe 'very, very light tan'.) That's why I'm kind of curious what CGC would say re the PQ.