• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Mystery #18 CGC NM 9.4 - A great Timely comic

16 posts in this topic

Hi

I just posted a very valuable and historically important book on ebay. It is Marvel Mystery #18, a very early issue with a fantastic cover by Alex Schomburg. I really liked Schomburg's work on this series, as he was always so creative and detailed.

The condition is amazing and it is a pedigreee copy as well, from the Recil Macaon collection.

This particular issue seems to be very rare in high grade, with this beauty, at CGC NM 9.4, far superior than any ever graded. Whenever this issue turned up in an original collection, it always seemed to be in low grade.

Take a look when you can. It is up for $1 and I did not reserve it.

This book will sell, as I don't "play" with my auctions and never end them early. Obviously I hope it does well and it certainly should, as it is a real stunning copy. If you are a Timely collector or investor, this is a smart buy because I really don't think you will ever find another even close to this one.

Ebay Auctions

PGC Mint - Huge assortment of CGC graded NM books

Hi

Yes, and that is why I posted this comic book in the Golden age section (besides the Marketplace). I wanted everyone to know tthat my auction is legitimate and that the other one is a fraud.

How can I get the other auction removed? It is so frustrating to have some crook do such a thing!!

Take care

Mark

Amazingly, I called ebay and, after a very long wait, I was told they would look into it. I became a bit frustrated and so I contacted the person who actually put up that auction and asked him to end it. You know what? He ended it right away and wrote me back to let me know that it was taken care of!

Amazing!!! Sometimes, all you have to do is ask smile.gif

How can I get the other auction removed? It is so frustrating to have some crook do such a thing!!

Mark, you can always hire me to help you in fraud cases. Money is not an issue. I'd accept the Marvel Mystery #18 as my fee!

Glad to see you got it resolved - this time!

Mark, you can always hire me to help you in fraud cases. Money is not an issue. I'd accept the Marvel Mystery #18 as my fee!

Glad to see you got it resolved - this time!

Hi Mark

Something tells me you are a lawyer smile.gif

Good to hear from you!

It's nice to know there are still some well mannered and obliging crooks out there.

lol

Hi Tim

Any great acqusitions lately? I know you have assembled an incredible collection over the past few years. By the way, how long have you been at this?

He certainly would win the crook of the month award

I wonder, is there any way to stop this from happening in the first place, the fraudulent auctions I mean?

Best way to deter this from happening, and I need to do this as well, is to use a watermark on the image with your logo or name. That's probably about the only reliable way other than scouring the auctions to look for your images, which is obviously not realistic.