• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: Captain Flight 11
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Minor spine split bottom of spine. Small piece out of top right corner. Biggest issue is a water stain through bottom of all pages and covers. No brittleness or mustiness. Off-white pages. Everything firmly intact and flat. 

20200506_195139.jpg

20200506_195117.jpg

3 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Nice! I'll guess 3.5 unless the interior staining is really ghastly.

It looks throughout about what it looks like on the back cover. 

3.0. While CGC has a reputation for hammering books for water stains, I have seen a few lower grade books I thought they were way too generous with. I once had a book graded as a 3.5 that not only had a water stain through the whole top quarter of the book, but it had washed out the reds in the logo. 

56 minutes ago, rjpb said:

3.0. While CGC has a reputation for hammering books for water stains, I have seen a few lower grade books I thought they were way too generous with. I once had a book graded as a 3.5 that not only had a water stain through the whole top quarter of the book, but it had washed out the reds in the logo. 

I've had horrible luck with water stains, upwards of 2 full grade drops (in my opinion) due to a stain. It's weird how much they over punish for that. 

This book is actually really nice in hand. Pages are nice, the colors on the cover pop, but I'm convinced CGC will just assign a "2.5 WATER STAINS" on it and slab it. 

1 hour ago, rjpb said:

I feel like we've seen a lot of 'big stain/gift grade' books lately. I was guessing this was an old school CGC 3.0 but ekes out a 3.5 based on current standards. Colors look great. (thumbsu