• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tec 38 1.5 potentially available

44 posts in this topic

893scratchchin-thumb.gifm... I might be willing to trade you my kid icarus for your mega man... whadday think? smile.gif Slight peice of plastic missing but seal still intact and box in great shape.

hmm... I might be willing to trade you my kid icarus for your mega man... whadday think? smile.gif Slight peice of plastic missing but seal still intact and box in great shape.
Video game geek 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey Bronty.

You know that I know both markets. I think that if the trade is a fair trade (i.e. both parties are getting equal FMV in trade) you should keep the sealed NES games.

If we're talking about adding an item to your personal collection, I would say, get the 'Tec. It's not even a question. It's a piece of Americana that will never decrease in value. However, that's not the case here. If you want to flip or invest in the Tec, don't even think about it unless it's worth considerably more than the FMV of the games. From what you stated, that doesn't seem to be the reality of the situation.

Rare games are only getting rarer and more valuable and the base of video game collectors is growing way, way faster than the base of comic collectors. There is no comparison. Golden age keys are blue chips, as a previous collector said, but rare video games are currently on the rise and could double or triple in the next couple years.

If that doesnt do it for you, remember this - it's always easier to unload 7 items worht $500 each than one item worth $3500.

Good luck with the transaction!

The avatar is actually a resized scan of my sealed copy.. that's why if you look closely there is a slight milky haze to the scan - the plastic.

If that doesnt do it for you, remember this - it's always easier to unload 7 items worht $500 each than one item worth $3500.

That's a damn good point... thanks Danny hail.gif

You're right on all fronts. I think I am just going to keep the games... I guess the only reason I'm even thinking about it is because I've never owned a big time GA key (I've only owned the SA keys) and the comic collector in me would LOVE to crack the slab, read it, and then resell it. But it's just not worth it.

Wow, what a world we live in. Amazing to me that the games trump the key book.

Well, I confess I know next to nothing about the video game market, but it's amazing to me...geeze, I'd probably knock on my neighbor's door and give those games away to his kids without thinking twice. Which is I guess what most people would do. Which is I guess why they're worth so much now.

Ah well, call me a 29 yr old fogie. crazy.gif

Well, at this point in time, I don't know that one really trumps the other. It would be more or less a fair trade I think. But as much as I'd love to have it, I realistically wouldn't keep the tec that long so... I guess I have to pass. frown.gif

can I trade all of my old atari games and console for the TEC if you don't. No sealed boxes, but lots of games and joysticks that I'm sure are still sitting under my parents house. I'm almost 40 so it's time to get rid of them and I haven't seen them in over 20 years. There might even be something worth something in there. Sorry I gave away my apple 2E. lol

Everyone has their geek issues. I still have all my mego star trek dudes and dudette(ohura) from 1974 and 1975. I hear their even worth something. I even have some GI Joes and Johnny West guys in the same box with eviel kneviel (sp?) if I remember right. There might even be a lunch box from the early 70's in there.

Make the trade, keep the book, don't crack the slab, buy a reprint, read it and save it for your kids.

The plastics and junk in the game won't work in 50 years, so your getting rid of a colorful box that america generally doesn't have a clue about for a TEC book with BATMAN that the whole world knows. You'll do much better in the long run and it's much cooler.

Just my humble opinion.

the older games are fun and you can relive th childhood which is why they are on the rise, due to the fact that the kids that used to play them are getting older and want to relive their childhood and due to the fact that nes said that with their new system they are going to have backwords compatable component to play cartirdge games. so that will be interesting to see what it does to the market of the games i know the console market aint doin so hot due to the fact that they now have re=released a new version of the top loader (dropped from 150 to bout 50-100 now) but hey man if you are serious about tradin that kid ircarus game fer mega drop me a line thecollector was speakin on my behalf cause he knows how much i love my nes and them old games but just to let u know the mm is complete but not perfectly sealed, so but hit me up also if you like to trade or nething like that cause i have a small collection and there are some games im tryin to get back from childhood thanks

hey there...

thanks for the post. I really just collect sealed so I would want a sealed mega man for the sealed icarus. There's a pretty big price difference between sealed and complete..

As for the revolution console, I don't think (unless I've missed something) that they ever said it was going to be backwards compatible to play old cartridges... what I've read is that you're going to be able to download old games for a fee over the internet..

cheers

so then would that drop the market on the games or not and how hard is it to find sealed games. i thuoght i had heard that it was going to be backwords compatalbe with the cartiridges nd i was trying to figure out how they were going to hanlde that, but i do prefer the orginal console instead of the backwords compalable things

so then would that drop the market on the games or not and how hard is it to find sealed games. i thuoght i had heard that it was going to be backwords compatalbe with the cartiridges nd i was trying to figure out how they were going to hanlde that, but i do prefer the orginal console instead of the backwords compalable things

I doubt it will drop the market. Consider that they charge $20 for a GBA version of super mario bros, which you can buy as a cartridge for .25c.

The downloads won't be free and will probably only be available for the well known (i.e. and not rare) games anyway.

Take the Tec and run.... like a thief in the night! This is a no brainer! makepoint.gif

Who the hell is going to care about Nintendo games in 20 years?! Batman will still be popular.

Tuck it away in your collection. You'll be glad you did. thumbsup2.gif

Wow, what a world we live in. Amazing to me that the games trump the key book.

Well, I confess I know next to nothing about the video game market, but it's amazing to me...geeze, I'd probably knock on my neighbor's door and give those games away to his kids without thinking twice. Which is I guess what most people would do. Which is I guess why they're worth so much now.

Ah well, call me a 29 yr old fogie. crazy.gif

I can hear the horror stories now! My Mom threw out all my Video Games and now there worth thousands!

I Love my Mom she never threw my Comics away! cloud9.gif

My Wife if she could have now that is a completely diffrent story!

Of course she doesnt seem to mind driving that gas Hog New Suburban I bought here a few years ago with my Comic book sales. Darn here she gets everything 27_laughing.gif

Davidking623

Take the Tec and run.... like a thief in the night! This is a no brainer! makepoint.gif

Who the hell is going to care about Nintendo games in 20 years?! Batman will still be popular.

Tuck it away in your collection. You'll be glad you did. thumbsup2.gif

This is my thinking! Go back and buy the games as you get the cash! You will never be able to do this again and probably will kick yourself down the road for not getting one of the Super Holy Grails of all time!

Davidking623